Chapter 18: Outburst

Start from the beginning

"Good morning G," I greet. 

"Good mornin' doll," he yawns. "Where's Paps?"

"Papyrus left for his four day vacay," I confirm. 

"Oh yeah, forgot he was leavin' today for that," G sighs, his voice gruff and deep. 

"So, do you want anything to eat? Your probably hungry," I verify.

"Only hungry for you,~" he flirts. I turn back down to the hallway, throwing my hands up in the air. 

"It's only eleven something in the morning and your already flirting!" I exclaim, walking away flushed.

"It's never too early to flirt doll!" he shouts, chuckling.

"Whatever! And put a shirt on!" I said, yelling down the stairs. I rush to the kitchen, wash my hands, and get out the ingredients I would use to make G's breakfast. I chopped up the spinach, tomatoes, and white onions placing it into the hot pan, seasoning it with spices, herbs and olive oil. I cooked the sausage, eggs, and toast. 

"So you gonna tell me what ya' makin' doll?" I turn my head quickly, seeing G leaned against the entrance of the kitchen. 

"Well if you really want to know, I'm making you a breakfast sandwich," I indicate.

"Smells good," G smirks. He moved from the entrance to lean on the counter a few feet from the stove where I was cooking.

"Mhm," I hum. I grab out a plate and assemble the sandwich with the ingredients I had cooked. "Here you go, enjoy." I hand him the plate. 

"Thanks," he said. He sat down at the table and took a bite. I began gathering up the pans, putting them in the sink, so I could wash them. "Mmm, this is great doll!" 

I faintly smile, dishes clanking as I was washing them. "Why thank you."

"Where did you learn to cook like this? It's delicious," G asks. I continued to wash dishes, putting them on the rack.

"My mother," I said. "She's an excellent cook. She taught me how to do most of things I know how to do, like cooking. To be honest with you, I don't know where I would be without her. She was always there for me when no was, I was pretty lonely as a kid, so I guess cooking was one of things that made me feel noticed," I trailed off, spacing out. I had stopped washing the dishes. There was silence between us. 

"Doll," G said a sympathetic tone. I came back to reality, quickly trying to brush off the upcoming emotions I was feeling.

"Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic," I apologize, my voice soft. I heard G's chair move and his footsteps walk towards my direction. He put the plate in the sink and gently grabbed my shoulders to turn me around. I didn't look him in the eyes, but instead continued my gaze at his chest. He wrapped a finger around my chin and tilted my head up, his pinpricks showing concern.

"There's no need to be sorry," he asserts. "It's okay for you talk about things."

"I guess, but-- but it doesn't matter," I told him, trying to avoid the conversation.

"Yes it does," he specifies, his tone soft, but serious. 

"No it doesn't." 

"Yes, it does. Maybe you should talk about it? It wouldn't hurt." He was right, but I didn't want to listen, so I snapped.

"No! Don't you understand, I don't want to talk about it! Not with anyone! Not with you!" I shout, swatting his hand away. I looked at him, eyes that burned with anger. G went silent and took a step back from me. My gaze moved to the side of the wall, opposite from him.

"That's alright," he said. "I'll just... leave you alone." I heard his footsteps leave the kitchen. I stood there by myself for a few minutes, my fists clenched in anger. I wasn't mad at him, but at myself because I was being a bitch to him when all he was trying to do was help. Sometimes negative thoughts just take over my mind and I remain silent trying not to listen to them, but they only grow louder. And the feeling of being vulnerable made me upset, mad even. After cleaning the dishes and leaving them on the rack to dry, I decided to go up stairs right away. I knew I had to apologize, even if it made me look like fool. I stopped at his door, took a deep breath and knocked.

"G, may I come in?" I ask softly.

"Come in," he replies faintly. I opened the door, stepping in, then closed it behind me. I stood a few feet from his bed, his pinpricks looking at me. 

"G, I-- I didn't mean to get mad or yell at you. I was being a jerk and you were only trying to help. I just-- just," I said gripping my arm, trying to find the right words. He stood up from edge of his bed. He started to approach me, taking a step forward. I took a step back.  "G I'm--," I was cut off by him wrapping his arms around me. My eyes went wide, my body tensed up at such physical contact.  I realized he was hugging me. I slowly began to wrap my arms around him, hugging him back. I buried my head into his neck and suddenly began to cry. A cry that I've been holding back for a long time, not because of my mom, but because I've been so lonely for so long and the fact I've always pushed my true feelings out the window, pretending I'm fine when I'm not. I felt nothing but sadness, embarrassment, anger, and shame. I collapsed in G's hold, lightly gripping onto his shoulders. He put one arm behind my back and swept the other underneath the back of my legs, lifting me off the ground. He carried me to the bed as I continued to sob in his arms. He sat me in his lap, his hand rubbing my back in soothing circular motions.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I wept, shaking.

"Shhhh, it's okay doll. It's okay," he hushed softly, wiping my tears away. I leaned in G's hold and closed my eyes. I hiccup a few times, trying catching my breath. It had been ten minutes of silence before I stopped crying. "So do you wanna talk it about?" G asks in a gentle, soft tone.

I hesitated before speaking. "Yes."

"I'm ready when your ready dove," he said.