"The Order of Scraps Disposal and... Lady Ashe, today I commend you for your heroics in protecting the kingdom, and hereby award you these medals. Step forward when your name is-"

"I object!" Meliodas dramatically declared. "I object to those medals being bestowed! ... or at least that's what some people here want to say. If you have something to say, tell me to my face! I'll be happy to listen." He shrugged.

Three knights stepped forward and walked out of the crowd, some people murmuring about them being the 'Pleiades of the Azure Sky.' I knew of their leader, the King's brother, Denzel.

I watched in boredom as they challenged Meliodas, wanting him to prove his power.

Idiots.

It was an pitiful fight, Meliodas barely broke a sweat.

"Control yourself." Merlin muttered as she saw the way I fiddled with the bracelet on my hand.

"It's fine, Merlin." I muttered as I dropped my arms and clenched my fists, feeling my nails dig into my palms.

The Pleiades were satisfied and went off on their way, but I was still unsure of them.

I glanced at Meliodas who was stood with his arms behind his neck next to Elizabeth who was a blushing mess.

She made eye contact with me and I smiled.

No one ever doubts a smile.

Meanwhile, Hawk was looking at everyone's power levels and when he got to me, he again asked why he couldn't see my power level.

"Again, you don't need to know." I smiled.

Coincidentally, I made eye contact with Meliodas who quickly looked away.

Pathetic.

Why was I in love with this man again?

We all got our medals and then made our way back to the Boar Hat. There was an air of ominousness in the air which gave me both a good and bad feeling.

On the way, we bumped into three Holy knights, Griamore, Howzer and Little Gil.

The two groups spoke about the Grandmasters and Merlin put on a pretty show to explain her point. She could do that but didn't want to rid me of the pointless accessory on my wrist.

We were still walking when there was a sudden tremor in the ground.

My eyes widened and I froze when I realised what was happening. Was I meant to be happy or something else? I was going to see him again so I assumed happy.

"What's the matter, Meliodas, Ashe? It's not like the two of you to freak out!" Hawk squealed. You don't know me dear piggy...only a few people are able to make me react like this.

"I knew it. It's them, huh?" Meliodas looked into my eyes as he spoke.

I nodded once, fighting the urge to smile. Things were really about to get interesting.

-

Meliodas was wiping a mug while I was sat sipping some wine I'd borrowed from the palace winery when Elizabeth came into the tavern. Before she'd entered, Meliodas and I'd had a quick, unofficial staring competition before busying ourselves.