Chapter 11

Meme heard screaming and wondered where it was coming from then he realized it was escaping from his own mouth. He ran to the limp body of socks and screamed at Dino. "WHY DID YOU SHOOT HIM?" "He was gonna kill you-" Dino started out "Socks is infected I think it's best we did that." Woolf said defending Dino. "Meme please just calm down." Nadwe murmured. "DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN- THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE-" He screamed. "Meme socks is still breathing." Blaza pointed out. In shock, Meme glanced at the body of socks and saw the light rise and fall of  his chest. "Oh my god." Meme breathed out.

***********

Meme grew up in a wealthy family that had everything for him, well of course until his mother supposedly infected meme's father. So meme shot his own dad to stop him from going infected soon learning from Blaza that immunity genes were usually passed down and that Meme's father was well immune. So there was no reason to shoot him.

Meme remembered his collage and high school days well he was gonna start collage about a week ago, but there are no professors in a zombie apocalypse. The day of the fire had scared   meme mentally. He had scars on his arms and it was always harder to breathe. Every time he smelled smoke he got terrified. Reason he hates smokers so much. (Also because I hate smokers a lot they are so annoying omg(I'm talking about in l4d)). He didn't really like hunters too but when he found out socks was a hunter he felt bad.

*****

"Really you're coming with us?" Meme asked "leaving the comfort of this place? Honestly I think we should stay here." Meme suggested. "If we go to the evacuation center we could find a cure for you know who.'' Ally responded, glancing at Socks who was covering his ears, shaking. Meme walked over and tapped his shoulder. "It's okay the beeping stopped.'' Meme said as socks looked up. "No it hasn't, it's farther away but still loud." Socks muttered he then recovered his ears. "Why is socks covering his ears? I don't hear anything- and I have super good hearing." Woolf asked, "Yeah, because you're a furry!" Dino teased. "No you're a furry!" Woolf retorted. "Whatever-" "So you're accepting it then?" Woolf asked "No I never said that-" Dino started. "Uh Huh right." Woolf laughed. "Okay back to what we were talking about where y'all heading?" Woolf asked. "Sugar mill, hoping to hit Mercy hospital." Ally responded "Yuck sugar mill crawling with witches. You're gonna need help there, lots of it too." Woolf pointed out. "So if you want to come you can come, if you don't,  so be it." Blaza crossed his arms. "Oh we're coming." Woolf said."just let me get Joocie."

-time skip-

Meme and Blaza were walking side by side behind Woolf who was glancing around. "I'm gonna throw a pipe bomb." He whispered to them. Meme instantly knew that was a bad idea and said. "Don't-" but it was already to late. Woolf had chucked the pipe bomb it's loud beeping ringing throughout the swamp. He heard socks scream. "Why, oh god. Why would you do this." Socks growled between each words. "What's going on?" Woolf asked. Then socks attacked, he went for meme first then a gun shot rang out. And socks went collapsing to the floor fully human now. Meme screamed He ran to the limp body of socks and screamed at Dino. "WHY DID YOU SHOOT HIM?" "He was gonna kill you-" Dino started out "Socks is infected I think it's best we did that." Woolf said defending Dino. "Meme please just calm down." Nadwe murmured. "DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN- THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE-" He screamed. "Meme socks is still breathing." Blaza pointed out. In shock, Meme glanced at the body of socks and saw the light rise and fall of  his chest. "Oh my god." Meme breathed out. "He's still alive." Meme smiled slightly (Laughs in copy and paste) Socks started shuffling. He tried to prop himself up with his arm and then fell down again. He tried again and breathed out. "Oh- what happened?" He asked. Woolf and Dino exchanged glances. Joocie had been quiet the entire time until he said. "This isn't possible at all." Socks glanced at him. "Infecteds can't go back to human once they're infected. Yet you did. How?" Joocie asked. "You think I would know?" Socks spat. "No," Joocie responded. Socks stood up, "I should just leave you guys Huh? What happens when we go to the sugar mill? You guys gonna use those bile bombs and make me kill everything? Be the thing I don't want to be?" Socks sobbed "I can't do this anymore." Socks cried as he spun around and ran off. "Socks wait-" meme said but he was already gone. Socks had already ran away. "I'm so sorry socks!" Meme screamed it was useless though.
"I'm so sorry."