Chapter 4

Socks woke up to light shining in his eye. "Dude can you like turn your flashlight off?" Socks asked sleepily he tried to push the light away but it stayed He opened his eyes fully to see Nadwe pointing a gun to his head and ally holding a gun at the ready. "Woah- is there a reason for this?" Socks asked "Oh hes human," Meme sighed, "You guys can drop your guns- Please?" meme asked nadwe lowerd his pistol just a smidge and ally didnt move. "Well you did attack blaza so sorry if we were so worried." Meme pointed out. Socks tried to remeber that but his mind came up blank. "I'm sorry i dont recall that," Socks sighed. "What do you mean you 'dont recall that' " Blaza asked hottily "YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!" Blaza shouted, his voice raising. He was getting frustrated now. "Im sorry but i dont remember ever attempting to kill you." Socks responded, making Blaza grumble something frustrated under his breath which made Socks feel instantly guilty. He looked away, breaking eye contact with blaza. Nadwe was still looking at socks distrustingly. "Well I'm not gonna lie to you but you attacked us like a hunter." Ally muttered. "A hunter? What the heck is that?" Socks asked confusedly, tilting his head. " A hunter is an infected that leaps out and pinns down a survior. Clawing at them and not stopping until that survivor is dead." Laff responded standing over another map, of course rechecking the route they needed to go for the next safe room.

"Thats- I dont remember that?" Socks stuttered. "Well fine we'll say that you 'forgot it' then explain the bite on your neck." Nadwe said and he pointed to the bite mark that should've been covered by a set of bandage now torn off. "Scuse me? How do you know about that?" Socks asked, reaching up and covering the scar with his hand. "I'm a carrier not an infected!" Socks exclaimed. "Yeah right, You turned into a HUNTER, a HUNTER." Nadwe emphizied, "I STILL DONT KNOW WHAT A HUNTER IS?!" Socks shouted confused, his fist clenching in anger. He felt like something else was taking over. He shook his head and took a deep breath. "I swear to god, I dont remember anything of what your talking about, I would never attack you guys." Socks smiled weakly.

Socks saw Meme's eyes fill with empathy. Nadwe looked startled and just brought his gun to his side. Ally walked over to laff and grabbed the map, "Well while were safe and all awake and ready to go, lets get moving." Ally said walking towards the door. Socks stood up and stretched. "Do you guys have any bandages I can use to cover this stuff?" Socks asked. Gesturing towards his scars. "Uh yeah we do-" meme tosssd him a roll of gauze and socks quickly wrapped it around his arms and neck. "Okay we can go now," socks sighed. "Let's go then, and socks try to not kill us this time." Ally said matter-of-factly. Socks glared at her and sighed he pushed past her and left.

***********

Socks clicked his tongue and clutched his gun close. "Hey there's a church up there!" Ally shouted, pointing at a church with a wall missing. "I can see a safe room door." Socks pointed out. "How can you see that? It's far too dark for me to see." Blaza asked. They ran up the hill and Socks knocked on the door. "Who's there!?" A guy asked from inside. "Hey can you let us in? We're survivors and we're immune!" Socks shouted. Meme and blaza exchanged skeptical glances but didn't say anything. "Oh really? Prove it then!" The church guy shouted. "Let is in man!" Socks shouted frustrated. His hands grew into claws "Oh god he's going hunter again!" Nadwe said taking a step back. Socks glanced at them all backing away. "I'm not going hunter, what are you talking about-?" Socks asked confused. A growl escaped his throat. He reached up and pulled his hood on. He cleared his throat. "I'm okay-I'm okay." He repeated, another growl escaped his throat. "NO IM OKAY!" Socks shouted. He was breathing heavily but his claws went away and no more growls came from him. "Please man just let us in." Socks said calmly. "Oh if your immune then live this!" The church guy shouted. A bell started ringing out. It was loud yes but it didn't bother meme or the rest of the gang. A few infected screams could be heard from a distance. "He summoned a horde!" Ally shouted she grabbed a Molotov from her belt "we've got this right socks?" Meme asked, turning to see socks clutching his ears like the bell was vibrating right next to him. He let out a loud screech and leaped onto meme. He started clawing at meme. Meme let out a scream. "ALLY, BLAZA HELP!!!" He shouted desperately. Blaza came running over and knocked socks off of meme. Socks didn't attack again he just sat there breathing in and out. "I'm okay-I'm okay, I'm okay," socks repeated until his claws disappeared he looked up and smiled at the two of them. "I'm alright."

———-
This is shorter then I would like sorry

Words:885