mixed feelings

"A date?" With a scoff, the black-haired girl said.

"Uh, yep," I replied, almost regretting what I had said. It was solely to irritate those girls.

When I turned to face Lorenzo, I could see the delight on his face.

I hurried to class as soon as the bell rang. Xochitl and Finn followed up with me and eventually caught up with me.

Finn said, "Woah, y/n."

"A date with... Lorenzo?" Xochitl expressed her disbelief in a pleasant manner.

"Yes, no, yes, no, yes, ugh, I'm not going," I stated genuinely not wanting to go.

...

After school, my mother and I went shopping at a high-end apparel store. I wanted something to take my mind off all that had happened in the last two days. It was pouring in rain as I looked through the store window when I peeked out. I looked at the clock in the store and realised that my date with Lorenzo started 30 minutes ago. I felt horrible as I looked out the window.

"How do you like this dress, honey?" My mother wondered as she placed the dress over her body and examined herself in the mirror.

"Beautiful mum," I remarked as I approached the dress's tag on the bag.

"MUM! WE CAN'T AFFORD THIS," I whispered loudly.

"I was just trying it on," my mother shrugged, "and who knows, maybe I'll wear it to your wedding :)"

"Mum. don't get ahead of yourself," I said as I rummaged through the racks for something to wear.

Among the clothes, a gorgeous coat had caught my eye.

My mother stepped over to me and said, "oohh, honey, that looks lovely. Try it on, sweetie," she added as she assisted me in putting the coat on. I turned around and faced the mirror, where I saw myself wearing it. It was so flattering.

"How much does it cost?" I asked, hoping for a reasonable price.

"£300!" My mother shrieked in horror at the number. "Okay, maybe pick out something a lot less expensive," my mother remarked as she walked towards the cashier, still disgusted, debating whether or not to buy the glamorous dress. "Can you kindly contact dad and ask for the credit card password?" Mum said.

When I pulled my phone from my bag, I noticed 11 missed calls from Lorenzo.

It was raining and storming outside, and I know I told myself I wasn't going but I really felt bad. "OH NO, mum," I exclaimed quickly as I rushed out the door, "I'll be back."

"WAIT! MY PHONE HAS NO BATTERY, AND I WANT THE DRESS." As I raced out the door, my mother said annoyed.

I ran in the pouring rain looking for Lorenzo. I see him standing exactly where he said to meet. I ran towards him.

Lorenzo's pov

My vision was hazy, and I could see a figure approaching, gradually becoming clearer. It was y/n.

"Where have you been?" I managed to say in the cold, wet atmosphere. Due to the height difference, I was looking down at her. She gazed up at me.

"Oh my goodness," she said, expressing her concern and touching my cold face. "Hey, I'm sorry, but I'm here now." She conveyed her regret. Her words didn't resonate with me.

We were in such close proximity, our faces almost touching. I leaned in closer, and her warm lips met with mine.