Chapter 7: Jealousy

*****

Benjamin's POV

Finals are finally over. Ash and I planned to hang out at my dorm when the classes are over. I am currently waiting for her at the cafeteria.

"Benji!" I turned my head when someone yelled my name. I saw SUno at the distance while waving his hands up in the air. I automatically smile by his cuteness.

"Come here." He strides towards my direction. He happily sat in front of me then place his bag at the table.

"What are you doing here?" I suddenly feel hesitant when he asked me. I feel like when I say Ashley's name, he will do something that I don't want.

"I'm uh... Waiting for someone." Then I laugh awkwardly. He shot me with a curious look. I suddenly remember Ash' eyes when she asked me about Sunoo. It's the same curious eyes.

"I'll accompany you then. It's no fun waiting when you don't have someone to talk to." I was about to decline him when I heard Ash calling me.

"Oh? So, you are waiting for her?" Uno asked. I want to avoid his question, so I quickly stand up then face Ash who is looking at Uno.

"Let's go?" I grab Ash' arm then I tried to drag her, but she resists. She is still looking at Uno but this time, she is smiling brightly.

"Hey that's rude, Benji." She looks at me while pouting then divert his eyes back to Uno. "Hi Uno." At some point, it makes me feel irritated by the way she called Uno.

"Hey hahaha uhm... I think I need to go now. Looks like you're going somewhere. I should get going then." I smile when Uno picks up his back then start walking pass behind us.

"Shall we go now?" Ash looks at me then smile sweetly. That's right. These kind of smiles and gazes should be exclusively mine. After all I'm her boy friend. After all I'm the first to know her.

"I know I said that we will hangout just the two of us but, forgive me with this one." I look at her confusedly but when she removes my hand at her arm then called Uno, I already know what she is referring to.

Uno looks back. Ash gesture him to come closer. He came back with a confused look. "Why?"

"I'm hanging out at Benji's place. You want to come?" I still felt surprised. She unintentionally asked Uno out. I mean, it's not like they are going on a date because obviously I'm with them, but it sounds similar for me.

"I uhm... I think Benji doesn't want me to go with you. Let's just hangout some other time." Uno patted Ash' shoulder while smiling brightly. Ashley on the other hand is pouting while looking at the ground.

"You can come with us. You are also my friend so it's alright." I wish I made the right decision.

-

Uno's POV

As we walked outside the university, I secretly look at Benjamin. He holds that stern look in his face but when Ashley talks to him, he will immediately smile. But I knew better. His eyes won't lie. He doesn't want me here. I smirk then wrap my arms to Ashley's shoulder. I took a quick glimpse on him, and I am right. He is jealous.

"But Ashley I'm kind a disappointed you know." I observed that Ashley likes cute things, so I tried to pout cutely. I know I'm cute, but I need to be extra cute for her. And as expected, I'm always right. She smiles at me warmly. This pretty lady is making me obsessed with her once again.

"Why?" She looks at me. I heard Benji snort. It makes me wanna smile victoriously but Ashley is still looking at me.

"You said you will hang out with me but days pass, but you didn't even bother to contact me." I intentionally mention the contact thingy so she will ask for my number.

"May I remind you Mr. Uno Pesebre that I don't have any contacts with you?" See? People are easy to read. You give them a bait; they will take it. Because that's a human nature.

"Then give me your phone number. Since I'm not sure if you will contact me for real, I will be the one who will ask you out then." We smile at each other. I can sense that she is starting to break the wall between us. I can also sense the dagger-like look that Benji is shooting me.

I guess he is really into his best friend. Too bad she's already mine. No one can take her away from me. Especially now that I'm starting to get close to her.

-

3rd Person's POV

The trio arrived at Benjamin's dorm. They eat together, laugh together and even make jokes to each other. They hangout like those normal friends do. At least in Ashley's eyes.

Ashley is so happy that finally, she has another friend now. She's always with her sister and Benjamin so having Uno by her side now is exhilarating. She is now slowly warming up with his presence. If she will be honest, at first Uno's smiles seems fake. But the young man seems genuine on becoming her friend, so she accepted him.

On the other hand, Benjamin can't deny that he started to hate Uno. The way he makes her smile and laugh is irritating him. But the worst thing is, Ashley is enjoying his company. Ashley doesn't have any other friend except for him so this kind of event is new to him. He is not used seeing her being close to other boys. Uno is also his friend, but he doesn't like him being so friendly to Ashley.

He found her first.

She is not his property, but Benjamin knows that he doesn't want to share Ashley.

No one can take away Ashley from him.

Even if it means cutting ties to Uno.

*****

Don't forgot to vote 😉