Nezuko interfered with an index finger pointing up. Voice in a matter-of-fact tone as you nodded at their explanation.

"That's if, they know how to keep a secret."

"Remember how I said that 'revealing confidential matters about this school wouldn't be a problem since your father studies here' about a few or so minutes ago?"

"Mhm. Clear as day."

"If I were to say that to any other person who is ignorant of it, i'd be in big, BIG trouble!!"

She said, stretching her arms out as she said the word 'big'. Exaggerating the tone at the last repeat of the word before shaking her head.

"Up there, everything is legal, safe and danger-free. Down here..."

She trailed off as a finger tap on the mic could be heard from the speaker located on the left and right top corner of the tall wall in front of them.

"The walls will be opening in five minutes. Please prepare yourselves as the grand master will soon announce the rules once everyone has arrived at the trial venue. Thank you for your patience."

"...everything is ...somewhat, illegal ...?"

"Illegal ...?!"

You whisper shouted again as you began to shake her shoulders.

"What do you mean, illegal ...?! My father studied in a criminal school?!"

"[Y-Y/N]-san, please stop shaking Kanroji-senpai-"

Tanjiro interfered with a wobbly smile as he sweat dropped and stretched his hands out to try and separate you from the green-eyed female.

"No, Tanjiro ...!"

You whisper shouted as you then moved on to Tanjiro's shoulders and shook him back and forth as he willingly allowed himself to do so.

"I entered this school with my father's permission because he said there will be duels! Legal duels with people and not getting exactly hurt! You know, wearing protective gears and stuff Now, what is this?!"

"Sooo, you're saying you know how to combat using weapons? That'll come in handy then!!"

You deadpanned as you stopped at Kanroji's statement.

"Handy?! What's with this school?!"

"Reminder, this isn't a real school. It's similar to a university, I guess you could say? The grading system is pretty different here too."

"Welcome everyone, I am delighted to see the lot of you arrived down here safely, to the underground venue. Now, onto the trial."

The speaker sounded as it rung in each student's ears before the once dead-end that stood in front of all of them began to slide open.

Shaking the ground immensely as dust and dirt begin to fly upwards, causing you to cough and cover your mouth with the top of your shirt as you squinted your eyes to see through the dust cloud.

Only for your mouth to drop open as your eyes grew wide at the three large paths in front of you. Each of those paths separating into three smaller paths that lead ...somewhere.

"Oooo the trial is about to begin!"

Kanroji said with a smile, giving small claps before she stopped and glanced towards you.