Your eyes grew wide. "That bad?"

Delo nodded with a silly grin. "That bad."

"Although it's a shame, I can't even use your powers just yet," Deleo raised his index finger. "Plus, you're pretty fun to hang out with. Especially with those delicious meals you've been around, heh." Deleo licked his lips.

He was talking about your friends? You glared at Deleo, a feeling of suspense bubbling up in your system. "Is this really what we're going to talk about?"

"Nah, nah. I just came here to hang out with you." Deleo, as a powerful being, was capable of bending reality, and so in this empty space. He made various objects appear.

"These are..." you looked at the objects lying around.

"Toys." Deleo grabbed a stuffed teddy, waving its teddy paw in your direction. "Hewwo~!" Deleo cooed. "Quit that." You slapped the teddy away from Deleo's grasp, who, in return, pouted at your actions.

"...Say, Deleo."

"Hmm?"

"About what you said earlier...protecting me?" Your eyes gazed at Deleo's slouchy figure. "Do you know what's going to happen or something?"

Deleo stopped playing around with the toys and made them all poof away. He gazed at your anticipation and chuckled, shaking his head.

"You don't have to worry about it." You closed your eyes at the warm feeling of your head being petted by a literal shadow. "It's just that this is the era where the sun will rise yet overshadowed by darkness."

"What kind of cryptic bullshit are you one now?" You asked bluntly. "Ever since you've been with me, you're always trying to be like a mysterious person but really, you just look ridiculous,"

"Oh, you wound me, [m/n]." Deleo chuckled. "Well, it's not like I even have a heart,"

"..." You looked around, opting to ignore Deleo's disturbing words. Instead, you plopped down on the white floor and sprawled out. You closed your eyes, finally having time to rearrange your thoughts.

Over the past few years, it was always easy. Yet now, you seem to get roped into danger quite often, forcing you to use Deleo once again. From Riddle to Azul, more and more you grew wary of what's to come. It seemed like what your father said had come true.

"Sooner or later! Watch, boy! Everything around you, people, animals—everything! They'll all go into ruins. All because of you!"

You gasped, Deleo grew alarmed. His shadow now took the form of a handsome man, gently touching your chest to calm you down. "Hey...[m/n]."

"[m/n]..."

"[m/n]...?"

.

.

.

.

.

"[m/n]!"

Your eyes abruptly opened, immediately seeing Bliz and Fern by your side. It was currently lonely in the infirmary with no other patients but you, and with Bliz and Fern being your only visitors. Though, that didn't explain the heaps of gifts and flowers by your side.

"Azul came by a lot of time," Bliz mentioned. "Often, we saw him crying by your side, then sometimes he's just..standing by the door," Bliz mentions the weird phenomena that has been Azul.

Your lips quirked up and you sighed. "It's fine.." you assured. "Well, how about you guys? You didn't face anything, right?"

Bliz and Fern smiled and shook their heads.

"Good." you sighed in assurance. "...I wanna sleep some more," you whined and tried to stretch your limbs. "Ow..."

"Well, no can do!" Fern tugged on your arm. "Azul told us that if you're awake, try to join them down at the Atlantica Memorial Museum," he mused. "He said he wants to tell you something, and I believe it's pretty serious."

Thinking back when you impulsively kissed Azul, your cheeks flushed. Bliz and Fern raise their brows in suspicion but they let you be and finally make their exit. You burrowed your head under the covers, covering your face with your hands.

"...Why did I do that...aaaaaah."

Yet despite your inner turmoil, you couldn't ignore the fast beating of your heart.

---

[edited]

---

[well,,,,,,that was that--]