I took a step backward, then took off running downstairs since I didn't have a lock for my room. My best chance was to run into the kitchen and hide behind his mum and hope that she would protect me from the monster her idea created. As soon as I ran into the kitchen, a small smile appeared on her face, an a chuckle fell off her lips when I hide behind her back as Kyle walked into the kitchen dripping water.

"Get your ass over here and stop hiding behind my mum like a fucking cowered" he said.
"It was your mum's idea" I point out.

He smirked "You choose to do her dirty bidding, no one forced you to" he pointed right back "Plus, I can't kill my own mother, but I can kill you"

Before I could ask for him mum's help, he ran sprinted across the island separating us causing me to run the other direction. I ran into the living room, creating another barrier between us by jumping over the coach and standing in front on his while he stood across me.

"I'm sorry?" I asked.

He shook his head then jumped over the couch. I wasn't quick enough this time. Before I was able to make it around the couch, he grabbed me from my pajamas  and onto the couch. He held my eyes as he pinned both arms above my head and sat on my stomach. At that moment I was more than grateful that he had shorts on and not the usual boxers for bed.

"Don't" I pleaded, but as soon as I did, he started tickling me.

Tickling has always been one of my weakness, something that I couldn't stand. I would usually leave me breathless and the state that I am most vulnerable in. Of course, he was one of the only people that new that I was extremely ticklish.

"Stop, stop it, Kyle please stop it" I said as I tried to catch a breath.

When all hopes died of me finding a way out of it, I used the only card i knew would get me out of this "Ow, ow" I cried "My leg, you're hurting my leg"

He immediately stopped, then rushed to get off me. He pulled me up so I was sitting on the edge of the couch "I'm so sorry. I didn't think that this would hurt your leg" he apologized "I mean, it shouldn't be hurting you at all. The doctor said it was fully healed"

A couple of months back, Kyle thought it would be a good idea to go to a sky resort. He then convinced me that I should get on one of those Scenic Lift Ride, knowing I was scared of heights. Long story short is that I fell in the landing and broke my leg. It was something that still hunted Kyle and made him feel guilty.

When he least expected it, I pushed him back and ran up the stairs "Asshole" I called.
"You little brat" he called, then sighed in surrender.

He didn't chase me to my room, he knew that he wasn't allowed to step into my room because that was the only space that felt like it belonged to despite not having a key for it. It wasn't that I didn't feel like home at the Anderson's, I always have, it's just that everything was theirs and the room was the only place I felt like it belonged to me and it was my only space in the house.

I consider myself blessed to be living with them. Especially because Kyle and I were best friend long before I moved into their house. Kyle dad grew up with mine, then they attended the same university where they studied marketing, which is how my dad met my mum. When Mr. Anderson introduced his wife to my mum, they insistently became best friend. When both couples got married, they moved to my hometown and bought house right next to each to become neighbours. Everything fell into place after, both my parents and his dad started their own consultancy and then we were born.

My friendship with him was planned before I was even born, it wasn't something that I minded though. It was one more thing that I was grateful for. When the consultancy took off and became internationally known, companies from all around the world started to contact them for help with their business so they had to travel often. Mrs. Anderson decided that she would stay behind for her own career and to build a stable home for Kyle, she didn't want him to transferring schools each year or be home schooled. She then convinced my parents that it would be the right thing to do, because change is really difficult for me and it would affect my academic future and relationships. Hence, that's how I ended up living with them.