16. That did not just happen.

"I've got a present for you..."

"For me?...why...?"

"Uh... I-I got it as an appreciation of accepting my escort request..."

'Oh I feel guilty now... I got so caught up in the moment of the gift and the formalities that I completely forgot about this...'

"though I couldn't escort you..."

"I'm so sorry--"

"No, your highness don't be! We were the ones who got late! Because of father... Damn!"

I chuckled lightly.

'This is Reynold...'

I glanced at the black velvet box he was holding. He glanced back at the box and opened it slowly. I saw a lavender coloured pendent with pearls and diamonds embedded on it... It was really very pretty...

Reynold looked at me with a satisfactory expression and took the necklace in his hand and asked for permission on putting it on me.

I nodded and turned around for him to make it easy to put it.

I felt him bow down to my height, he removed his gloves and picked the necklace out if the box that I was holding, his warm fingers gently swept my small hair away making me squirm on the inside.

'finish this off already--!'

'gasp!'

I felt his hot breathe near my neck, sending electric zing down my spine...

'ah... Wha...'

Suddenly his warmth disappeared, and I couldn't feel it anymore. He got up straight in his posture and stood in front of me with a smile. Before I could say anything the music started playing...

He held his hand out and bowed down, with the small smile he said,

"May I have the honour of having a dance on this song with you?"

'Ah I guess it should be fine since he couldn't escort me...'

"Yes you may..."

I quickly switched it to <Camille's ability> and gently held his hand.

His arm snaked around my waist and the other holding my hand. My legs were moving with the rythm of the song and so were his. I looked at ny surroundings, there weren't many nobles around me.

I glanced towards Reynold, he was staring at me...his eyes were scrunched by his warm smile... Looking at him I smiled back genuinely... His eyes widened and he pulled me closer by my waist... Our faces were inches apart... I could feel his breathe on my cheekbone...

Suddenly the music stopped and the dance ended. He stepped away first and bowed down to curtsey, I did the same.

---------------------

From afar...

The Duke watched Reynold asking Camille for a dance as he moved out from the palace to the balcony for some fresh air... He smiled as he saw Reynold and Camille together.

"Father... What are you doing here?" Derrick questioned.

The Duke looked at him and said,

"Look..."

The Duke pointed his finger towards the two of them... Derrick followed his father's finger and watched them. He looked surprised.

"... Reynold is finally becoming a gentleman..." He said with a gentle smile.

"Hm..."

Derrick didn't look satisfied by Reynold getting involved with Royal family members.

'I'll keep an eye on you...for now...' he thought.

*****************

At the maze...

After the dance, Reynold went inside the palace for some refreshments. He returned with a glass of vine for each one of us. I thanked him and we both sat down on the bench near the fountain.

We talked about random subjects. He brought up penelope's topic on how she wanted marriage fund as her birthday gift.

"Honestly! Derrick has not even thought about marriage yet! And this girl wants to get a  marriage fund at this age!?"

"Haha... Princess is really something else, isn't she..."

He just stared at me and nods his head in agreement.

The cold breeze flew between us...

"Anyways--"

Reynold spoke up but he got cut off due to the knights.

They bowed down and said,

"Your highness, it's time."

I looked towards them and then glanced back at Reynold. He was looking down towards the ground with a pout.

He looked kinda...sad about it. Just like a cute dog begging for his master to stay.

'He looks...cute...'

I giggled and got up dusting myself in process... Whereas he sat there firmly and looked gloomy...

I touched his shoulder with one hand and the other near his neck and softly placed a kiss on his jaw and then backed away.

'He smells good... Cologne maybe...'

I walked towards the knights and looked back at Reynold who was still processing, what just happened.

I smiled and said, "Thank you, prince eckart for your company... tonight..."

I turned and left for the palace with the knights. I knew the knights faces, they worked in my palace... I glanced back at them with a stern face and said,

"You heard and saw nothing."

"Yes, your highness." They said while bowing down.

'im kind of thankful that these knights aren't girls... Girls usually here loves gossiping about each and everything under the sun...'

I sighed and returned back to my palace.

—————————

Reynolds POV

After Camille left Reynold was still there sitting and processing the event again and again in his mind.

Then after a while his face turned red after realising what happened.

'Huh?!! What?! Huh?!'

'S-s-she kissed me?!'

'Oh god! oh god!'

Then he slowly touched his jaw where Camille kissed him. He flushed even more after thinking about it.

'lets calm down for a second...'

He took in deep breaths and then left to meet the Duke in a good mood.