Chapter 5 - What About Us?

"Crazy because....." Leo couldn't think of an excuse.

'I think I'm going crazy. Why did I even said that? I think I'm going crazy. I think I'm going crazy. I think I'm going crazy. I think I'm going crazy. I think I'm going crazy. I think I'm going crazy. Repeat 123456789 times.' Leo said through his mind.

"Because we still have a lot to review!" Finally he thought of an alibi. They continued their review sessions until Leo had to go because of his part time job. Leo checked the time and looked to Aehyeon.

"I understand. You can go now. I'll just put these books back to the shelves before I go." Aehyeon smiled making Leo feel assurance that she insists him to go. Now they have to part ways.

~

"Leo, we are closed for today. There is suddenly an emergency and I can't open up the store today. I'll letting you have a day off. If you have to do something you can go." Leo's boss ended the call. He was already on his way to the record store but his boss suddenly called him and said that they won't be opening today. Since only his boss have the keys, he can't open the shop on his own.

He tried to call his friends to hang out. He met Sangwon and Junil on the way and they went to James' place since James has the biggest house among them.

~

All things were being smooth as their food arrived. They slightly decorated to lit up the place with string lights as they set it up as a slumber party. Suddenly, Junil brought up again the topic about his new crush and said that he got that girl's number this morning because it happened that they were clubmates in the school theater and needed to exchange contacts.

"Why don't you invite her here so we can meet her?" Sangwon raised a brow giving off Junil a great idea.

"We're done being acquaintances so I think she wouldn't mind." Junil agreed. He did called and asked her to come over. He stated James' address and moments after, they already heard the doorbell.

"Come in, my friends wants to meet you." Junil carried her bag and walked in.

"Everyone, this is Aehyeon, my new friend. Aehyeon, this is James, Sangwon, and....." Junil started. They greeted each other and became acquaintances.

"....and Leo." Aehyeon eyes widened. she was surprised to see Leo here given that they only parted ways a while ago because Leo has to go for his part time job.

Leo frozed in place. He also got shocked but he didn't let the others see his state. He's worried that Aehyeon will misunderstood him being there when he said he has to go for work.

They pretended like they didn't know each other infront of the others and bowed a full 90°. Aehyeon stared Leo straight in the eyes which made him nervous.

They got bored but James had a great idea.

"How about a game of truth or dare?" James suggested. Everyone agreed but Leo and Aehyeon remained silent.

"Who ever the head of the bottle points will do the dare or say the truth and the one pointing the bottom will be the commander. Get it?" Sangwon stated the rules. As she spins the bottle, the head pointed to Aehyeon.

But the bottle stopped diagonally which made the bottom point to Leo's direction.

So Leo is the one who'll ask or give a dare Aehyeon.

"Truth or dare?" Leo simply asked.

Aehyeon chooses dare.

'I'm already screwed up, might as well enjoy this moment.' That's what Leo thought.

"I dare you to kiss the guy in this room that you find the most attractive." Leo said cooly.

'Isn't that too much for a new comer?' Defeated. Aehyeon was left no choice. Aside from Leo, she only knows Junil so she picked between the two.

Aehyeon went closer and kissed Junil on the cheeks.

Junil is attractive while Leo is charming. Junil is the typical guy who's like a main lead actor on k-dramas. He is the perfect guy for a romantic-seeking type of girl. She admits that Junil passed her ideal type. But Leo is straight-forward, charming, a knight in shining armor type that every Damsel in distress was dreaming of.

And yes—she likes Leo. Passing her ideal type doesn't mean that she'll go for him. She likes Leo even with his flaws and imperfections. Leo was her first love. And the feeling never fades even if they got parted for 10 years.

But she doesn't want the others to bust her connection to Leo since their friends knows that Junil is the only one who she knows.

Others started shrieking when she kissed Junil knowing that he likes Aehyeon. But Leo remained silent after that. He feel sad, frustrated, disappointed, and—jealous?

After a few more rounds, they decided to eat.

They were circled in the dining table when Leo felt his phone vibrated. He checked his inbox.

     010********
'You need some explaining to do.
                                 -Hyeon'

Oh great.

****

"Ta ta three and four, five six... Leo focus!!" their choreographer yelled because Leo is being left to the beat. Ever since that crazy game happened, he can't seem to regain his focus. He's currently at Hybe for a dance lesson.

"Leo, are you sick? You can rest for today if you do." Then Leo decided to go. He can't seem to focus anyway. He went to his locker to change clothes and texted Aehyeon on his way.

'Are you free today? Meet me by dusk at the Hangang Park. I'll be waiting.'

~

"So, care to explain?" Aehyeon quickly asked as soon as she arrived at Hangang Park.

"The sunset never fades its beauty." Then Leo let out a sigh. Yep he's avoiding Aehyeon's question.

"You want to get home with bruises on your face?" Aehyeon said with a stern voice.

"Sorry about yesterday, but about my job, my boss had an emergency and couldn't open the store so I had a free time and asked my friends to hang out." Leo stated, without looking to Aehyeon because he was busy staring at the sunset.

"And you expect me to believe that?" Aehyeon raised an eyebrow.

"Geez why did you ask my explanation if you aren't gonna believe anyway?" Now Leo finally looked at Aehyeon. She looks elegant with her little black dress.

Aehyeon sat beside Leo. Exchanging sighs, completely lost beholding the nature's beauty.

"Why didn't we told them?" Asked Leo out of the blue.

"Told about what?" Now Aehyeon is the one avoiding Leo's question.

"About us. Stupid." He chukled.

"What about us? Is THERE an US?"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

[A/N]: So yeah sorry about the slow updates, fudge this writer's block I can't come up with something here!!! I might finish my SunKi story earlier than this one but I'll try to update here little by little. Also anticipate problematic scenes on the next chapters^^ I Gotta get going 'coz Be:Lift might drop something unexpected *duh you know how belift's brain works* and I can't move on with D:D Blockbuster T_T  see ya next update!