The Unlucky Golden Ticket

Start from the beginning

"Say (Y/N), I know you're about to leave but what about you hang out with me and the other girls instead? We hardly know each other outside of class and I want to hear alllll about how you defeated my brother." You thought she finished but her eyes seemed to have wandered over to your companion. "Hi there Dio~, you didn't come to greet me so I didn't know that you were here hehe! What are you doing with (Y/n)?"

You truly couldn't tell if she was genuinely asking that or if it was a backhanded insult. With these types of girls, it was impossible to tell.

"Well, Miss Hughes was it?  This party you've hosted has been pleasant so far, so I'm glad that I'm finally making your acquaintance." Lies, he couldn't care less about it. "You see, (Y/n) and I are close friends and I was about to invite her to my family's home for tea in the evening, unless of course, she was about to take you up on that offer? I wouldn't mind waiting a few more minutes," Dio looked right into your eyes at that last part. 

You couldn't believe that the chance was showing up so soon, Dio had literally just asked you to become a leader among the girls, and now here you were, your golden ticket standing right in front of you.

"You're so charming~ Please, just call me Elizabeth! And what do you say (Y/n)? Are you in or out?"

As usual, there was only one option for you.

Your lips tried to force a smile that looked natural, your throat prepared to not let the dread drip into your voice, and your eyebrows lifted up just a bit to make you look eager. "But of course Elizabeth, I would be absolutely delighted to be in your company," you managed to say through your teeth.

"Wonderful!" She clapped her hands together, then walked to your side to loop her arm around yours.
"We're going to have so much fun! I hope to see you again, Dio~." Her fingers fluttered at him as she finished that sentence, then she promptly took off while dragging you behind.

Swerving, dodging, and constantly almost bumping into people, you must have said "sorry" about a hundred times while crossing the field before Elizabeth finally let go of your arm. Upon catching your breath and a quick look around, it become obvious that Elizabeth had taken to to an area of the clearing that you hadn't been to yet. There was a little more privacy here with the large hedge plants creating a sort of wall between the rest of the party area this little square. It also casted a huge shadow covering the place like a blanket, giving an extra layer of security.

Those were the first things you noticed.

The second was the girl with her back pressed against an actual wall, surrounded by three other girls who were calling her the worst insults you've ever heard. Things ranging from 'four-eyes' to things you didn't think even the devil would dare repeat.

"Thank you so much for doing what I asked, Marie!" Elizabeth interrupted, her smile unchanging from when she greeted you earlier and that much unsettling given the change in circumstances.

A girl in a hefty dark blue gown with an accompanying sapphire brooch turned when her name was called, Beautiful and tall would be the words to describe Marie, you being taken aback for moment by how stunning she was.

Like an obedient servant, she took a step back as Elizabeth approached. The two shorter girls behind her followed and moved away from the victim on the wall. Only after you had a clear view did you finally figure out who was getting bullied.

With two large braids on either side of her face and the thick glasses that had been carelessly thrown to the ground, this was no doubt the girl who approached Dio earlier while you were watching from the lake. She looked like the definition of a loser, wearing a much too simple brown dress for this occasion versus everyone else's rich-colored garments. Simple, yet expensive-looking jewelry and trinkets she wore revealed that, no, she did not lack money, rather it was solely her choice to wear more casual clothes.