"It's okay, Ced. I'm here. I won't let you go. I love you."

"Love you too, Di,"

***

ZERO DAYS UNTIL CEDRIC'S DEATH

The day of the third and final task was hard for Diana and Cedric. The poor boy put a brave face in front of everyone but really was terrified. Diana knew by the way his hands shook as he sat with his father and his house that he was. At breakfast, she sat with her friends glancing every so often at Ced. She was very worried about him and Harry, who was sitting next to her as pale as paper. She slid her hand Harry's, underneath the table, entwining them, and clutched it tightly.

"How are you feeling, Harry?" Hermione looked at the boy.

"Okay, I guess," Harry answered shortly. He clutched Diana's hand tightly as she rubbed her thumb over the back of his hand.

Ron glanced up from his food. "You going to eat something, mate?"

Harry wasn't thinking about food. He was thinking about the task and how he was going to survive it. "No, not hungry."

"Harry, you have to eat something. You have to keep up your strength." Hermione said with concern written on her face. "You don't know what you going up against in that task. Strength is the most important—"

"Just leave him alone, Hermione," Sammy cut her off where he sat on the other side of Harry. "He's got enough on his plate. He doesn't need you hounding him—you can give me dirty looks all you want, Mione, but that won't stop me from saving Harry."

Hermione huffed. "I'm just worried about him."

Sammy nodded in understanding. "Yeah, we all are, but we're not hounding him a few hours before the task."

"Harry, darling!" An over-happy voice called out.

They all snapped their heads towards the left and saw Cho Chang coming over with some of her friends. She and her friends shoved themselves between Diana and Sammy, setting themselves next to Harry which caused the pair's hands to disconnect. Diana, Hermione, Sammy, and Ron all rolled their eyes simultaneously as Cho leaned against Harry. Ella, who was sitting a bit down at the table, gave the older Ravenclaw an infuriated look.

"Hi, Cho," Harry said, monotoned.

"Are you ready for the task? I'm rooting for you, darling," Cho says, overly sweet.

Sammy looked at his siblings and Hermione with furrowed brows. He mouthed. "Darling?"

Harry looked crossed but nodded anyway. "Thanks, Cho,"

"I'm your girlfriend so I can cheer for you the loudest,"

Everyone's head snapped towards the girl, even Ella and Ginny who were listening as Ron whispered to Diana. "Since when was she his girlfriend?"

Diana shrugged as her hair melted to emerald. "Don't know. That's new to me,"

"Uh, girlfriend?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Yes, silly. Since the Yule Ball." Cho grinned. "Are you happy? Because I'm super happy,"

Harry's eyes widened as he glanced over to Diana, who looked revolted. "I, uh, yeah! Very happy."