Chapter 2

I ran down the driveway. Finally I can leave my depressing house to a hopefully dream life! I should have done this earlier!! I could not believe how happy I was to get away from home. It was like something in my body that didn't call to me, and didn't know if this would be right. But this sure did feel right. I was pretty far away from home, so I slowed down my pace until I was walking slowly. I looked at my small old gold pocket watch.7:55pm! No wonder why it was so dark. A little wet tear drop slid down my warm cheeks. The one little tear turned to a waterfall flooding out of my eyes.

"Are you ok little girl?" 

I peered just enough to see who was talking. It was a old looking man. He had faded brown boots, a green jacket and a very very very old Rolex probably from 1956.

"Yeah. Just a little lost, but I know the area well." I lied. 

I picked myself up and walked away. The man looked at me. It was not safe. My walking turned in running the man was running behind me. No! He was after me. I ran faster than I had ran in my school Cross Country. I hit a right turn. I did not see him. Aurgh! It scared me. In front of me was a building. Gold gates. A huge banner. The whole enchilada. And just at that moment, I heard his footsteps. I hid underneath the big sandstone shelter above the Gold gates. He ran straight past me.

"Phew." I said underneath my breath. 

I leaned on the huge Gold gates, thinking about the rest of my big problem. I fell backwards. Ouch! The Gold gates had opened with my weight leaning against them. My knee was cut badly. Inside was a miracle.