Chuuya was at the bar, not the usual one, at X and C street, picking up water and a bottle of whiskey. He wasn't known for whiskey, but wine. This confused the tenor, all he came here for ever would be wine. Wine. Wine. Wine.

"Son, I know you usually get wine so why? I mean I did hear that the Demon Prodigy had escaped, and he prefers whiskey, never would I expect you to buy a drink for the fella."

The bartender was not born yesterday, he knew the daily drinks of everyone, everywhere. Even if this wasn't the usual bar for Dazai, he has connections. As in, he runs all of the bars in the areas controlled by the Port Mafia.

"A smart one eh? Whatever, I didn't come here to get a drink for the bastard. I was just picking one up for a guest"

Was this a lie? Yes. Did that matter? Nope. He did buy this whiskey for Dazai. It's even his favorite brand. He knows. He thinks. Just in case he comes back, the ginger wanted to give a kudos for fooling the boss. He knows there's no way Dazai is actually gone.

The mission on Wednesday was important and he definitely can't do it alone. He'll just wait.

After ditching the bar and hopping back onto the flamboyantly colored mobile of 2 wheels.. His motorcycle, he sped away.

"Why the fuck did the shitty mackerel think he could get away with this now?"

Arriving at the first location he suspected the missing persona to be attending, he scanned the area with brief accounting. It took Chuuya less than 20 seconds to gather the fact that Dazai was not in fact in this vicinity.

—————-

Chuuya was still looking, it's 4 am and he's been looking for, around, let's say.... fifteen hours. He started at around 2:00 pm so that meant , yes.. fifteen or so hours. Math was not a strong suit for the chibi and he had done this in his head so he was feeling rather proud.

Whistling a tune he once heard Dazai humming while they were scouting out a new area to target.. ah memories. 'Stop thinking about that, it's not important' . Reminding himself to stay alert for the suitor.

-------------

"Hah why do you even wear these dumb hats" said Dazai, "Whats the point? I mean they don't even look that good"

"Shut the hell up you bastard, your coat it- it sucks"

No, he was terrible at lying.. to Dazai. He could lie about anything to anyone in the world except Dazai. No one knew why. Just kinda happened.

"Oh yeah? Why are you lying? I know I'm magnificent.. Didn't know you agreed.. . hehe."

"hmph."

---------------

"What would you like to order sir?"

"A whiskey.. Uhm with one of those ice ball thingys"

The weird order with specified ice? That was Dazai. He always ordered it that way for no reason. That's what he told Chuuya. In reality, once upon a time, that's how Odasaku ordered it and it has been that way ever since.

"Why the hell do you always order it like that, you know they add the ice ball either way right? That is of course if you don't ask them to put regular or no ice, but what the hell man?"

"Oh poor Chibi, have you any brain cells? I have said before that it's just for fun, I love seeing the bartenders reactions every time we go to different locations."

Attempting to whack the bandaged man, but failing miserably, "I HAVE BRAIN CELLS YOU DIMWIT"

"Yeah, well you didn't use them today now did you?"

--------------------------

"Oh please dear god get a different outfit that long red doesn't suit you. It makes you look shorter. "

---------

"Hey Chuuya, I bet you can't beat me in this game."

----

"Hey Chuuya,"

--

"Hey, Hello, Chuu-"

....

"Ma'am are you alright?"

A ringing in his ears was alerting, with a fog clearing from his eyes, he was drifting back into reality. The voice snapped the short man out of his transfixed state. The distance between the redhead and this random old lady was not very far, in fact, you couldn't spell the word personal space and line it between the two.

Noticing he was "daydreaming" about memories of the bandages covered man. 'Gross' thought Chuuya.

"Miss? Hello?"

Now realizing that he has been addressed as a female, he was slightly disturbed. Sadly this wasn't the first time.

"I'm sorry, uhm, I'm a man, not a woman."

The shock on the elderly lady's face was a normal sight for Chuuya to see. Every time.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry, please forgive me sir."

The lady pleaded while bowing and showing folded hands.

Chuuya assured her that everything was alright, as it was, and carefully grabbed her hand and patted it reassuringly.

"It's okay, Ma'am, It's been nice talking to ya, but I have got to go now."

"Oh okay lass-"

"Lad" Chuuya corrected

"Oh dear, yes, have a good day, lad."

Turning to leave for his apartment, which was only a few blocks away at this point, he laughed off this little encounter. He never really seemed to have patience for anyone, some elderly people could take his whole day.

The clicks of his new shoes tapping on the concrete sidewalk. There were names on bricks. How endearing. What did these people do to assist the community? Funded the building of the main hall? They don't prevent the burning down of a city so why do they get named bricks?

Pulling out his keys and swirling them on his pointer finger, this time- whistling his own tune.

The door slowly creaked open. Something felt off. Someone had been here. There was a slight chill and stillness in the air. And the faint smell of cheap liquor. A low growl emitted from the redhead.

Slowly panning the oasis of the grey room, looking for any sign of intrusion, he spotted an envelope.

A single white envelope with a red wax stamp in the middle.

1023 words