irenic. [obi-wan x reader] (2/2)

words: 3.3k

warnings: near-death experience, severe injuries, broken bones

a/n: i'm simply overwhelmed by the fantastic response to pyrrhic!! it's made me so happy to be able to bring a little joy to y'all's day. a SUPER special thank you to those of you who have supported me on ko-fi. every donation absolutely makes my day. anyway pyrrhic sequel as promised! hope y'all enjoy it! <3

Separatist forces shoot your ship down before you even touch Lasan's surface. You eject at the last minute, the blast catching part of your chute and burning a hole through it before the flame is extinguished.

There's sickening dread when you think that the fast-approaching rocks may be the last thing you see. And then you impact. Everything goes dark.

Nevertheless, you wake. Pain sears through your right side, and your head throbs. Everything is too bright, and your mind is clouded. Your first attempt to push yourself off the ground makes your ribs, ankle, and wrist burn. You scream in agony.

"There she is!" a voice in the distance shouts. You don't bother lifting your head to identify it. You'd recognize a battle droid anywhere.

Hoisted up between two droids, you're made to stand on your ankle which you're sure is broken if not shattered. Another scream rips out of you, and you're hyperventilating when it's over.

Another voice, a female voice, breaks through the pounding in your ears. "This is no Jedi," she says. "It's a padawan learner. How quaint."

Icy fingers grab your chin and force it up until you're face-to-face with Dooku's deadly assassin: Asajj Ventress. So much for surviving the fall.

You're too weak to say anything. When she removes her hand, your head drops again and unconsciousness begins to pour into your skull.

You barely hear her say, "If she's here, her master is sure to follow. Take her back to the encamp..."

Darkness again.

The pain from before is still there when you wake in the middle of the Separatist encampment, tied by the wrists to a whipping post, kneeling in mud. It's the dark of night. You're not sure how long it's been... Days, probably, judging by your hunger. Ventress isn't likely to feed you. If she did, it would only be enough to keep you alive.

Something bright red clouds your vision. Blood dripping from your temple into your eye. It should've dried by now. Unless it's being kept fresh.

If your mind was clearer, you might try to think of an escape. But as it is, you're on the verge of slipping away again.

All you can think of is Obi-Wan. How you left him. The pain in his eyes. There's still so much you want to tell him...

There isn't even darkness this time. Just swirling nothingness that lasts an eternity... Until the faintest of colors crawls in. A still, small voice piercing the silence.

"Hang on, dear one, hang on..."

The next thing you're aware of is falling back into a painful reality. You're still tied to the post, wrists rubbed raw by the shackles. You haven't been moved even once. Who knows how long you've been suspended there with a broken body desperate for healing?

It's another bright afternoon, and there's a voice. A real one that doesn't belong to a battle droid or Ventress. "I am not here to fight you, Ventress, but I will if I have to," it says. "Wouldn't you rather avoid it altogether?"

Your heart begins to pound, and you begin to dare to hope. "Obi-Wan..." you whisper, voice hoarse from disuse. You're not even entirely sure it's him, but you say it all the same.