Chapter 15: Fools' Hope

Start from the beginning

Rut sighed and removed his hands from the control panel. "Guess I'll let the giant space whales do the job."

"Admiral, link the Protector with the Constantinople's hyperdrive tracker. Once you receive the route, send a flanking force with us while you lead the frontal assault."

"Very well, Grand Marshall. Meanwhile, I'm sending the force that will attack Dornea."

"Acknowledged. See you later, sir."

As the feed disappeared, Jaral went to the center of the room, closed her eyes and extended a hand while the Purrgil were waiting not far from the Constantinople.

She let the Force guide her and established a connection with one of the bigger creatures of the flock, which started to 'swim' toward the frigate.

The singing of the creature reverberated on the ship as Raniza and Rut watched with a mixture of awe and reverence.

The creature pointed one of its eyes clearly toward Jaral.

*Purrgil art by JaiMiChi on DeviantArt

'You can help us, right?' she thought.

As answer, the Purrgil turned around and started to place its tentacles around the ships. One on the roof of the main hull, one on the bottom, to grasp the ship, and the others extended to take a hold of the ship's wings.

"Lieutenant, all power to the shields." Jaral ordered while still retaining the link with the creature.

Rut obeyed and sent the order down to the engine room, where the engineers quickly compelled.

The ship started moving, dragged by the massive creature. In the absolute emptiness of Dark Space, it was easy for the Purrgil to move the ship, and it made it with a remarkable consideration for the ship's integrity.

"You live 223 years, and you can still get surprised by space." Raniza commented.

The Purrgil reunited with the flock. The creatures turned back toward the galaxy and the Lothal sector. They started waving their tentacles, which started to glow with an azure light.

"Stand ready for the jump." Jaral announced.

A few moments later, the blue tunnel formed around them, though they could barely see it because of the tentacle obscuring much of the visual from the cockpit.

-----------------------------------

That was the signal. Ezra could now feel Jaral again. Two days after the crazy adventure at the temple, the time for the final showdown had arrived.

Using the Ghost, Hera had left the planet to go get reinforcements for the strike team. It hadn't been easy, with the Empire now tightening its blockade again, but of course, Hera still made it, along with Rex and Kallus. Apparently they were headed on Seelos.