𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

☀︎︎1st person POV

"(Y/N)! You're back." Momo patted the seat next to her. I sat down, "Yeah, I just had to speak with my father."
The one-on-one matches were about to begin.

Glancing back at my dad's viewing box, I saw him next to Endeavor. All eyes were going to be on me.
The first match was Todoroki and Sero, the tape guy. I'd never really seen Sero in combat, but I did pity him. Confusion still ran through my mind, was Todoroki actually Endeavor's son?

I'm glad I made a good enough impression on Endeavor, but I know I didn't make such a pleasant one on Todoroki. Hopefully he doesn't go bitching about me to his dad.

After witnessing Todoroki almost kill Sero. I had to leave to get ready for my match against Kaminari. Although he was my team member last round, this time I'd have to fight him with all I had.

Stocking up on water, I noticed Todoroki come into the break room. I tried my best to ignore him, but the thoughts of him actually being related to my second favourite hero made me curious about him.
It was almost time for my match.

☀︎︎

"Now, I won't be going easy on you." Kaminari stretched his limbs.
I scoffed, wanting the match to start.

Present Mic began to announce the match, "Kaminari versus (L/N)!"
Midnight scanned us both, "Begin!"

Kaminari started to send electric currents in my direction. I reacted the same, sending strings of fire across the ground. As he became distracted with that, I wound up for another attack, sending a ball of fire straight to his face.

Kaminari shot electricity at the fireball, but the electricity helped the fire spread closer to him. I ran forward, sending the fireball towards Kaminari. Eventually, I eliminated him by positioning him out of bounds.

"Kaminari is out of bounds, (L/N) wins!" Heading Midnight's voice made me feel my victory even more.
Helping Kaminari up, I looked towards my Dad, who had kept cheering for me.

"You did great out there (L/N)." Kaminari coughed as we walked back to the break room. I suppose I was the only one who received a fireproof sport uniform. The edges of Kaminari's clothes were burned away.

I smiled, "You did too, you gave it your best effort right?"
He scratched the back of his neck, "I mean, I was going easy on you, since you're a girl-"
Activating a flame in the shape of a hand, the sound of me slapping Kaminari echoed throughout the hall.
"Not cool."

I walked away, going into the break room to get water. Todoroki happened to still be there. He locked eyes with me as I walked in. I glanced away.

☀︎︎

"Go Deku!" Ururaka cheered at the top of her lungs. I assumed she was talking about Midoriya. He was against a boy in one of the general studies classes. I was a bit surprised one of them even made it this far. Witnessing Midoriya almost lose the battle made me anxious. The other guy's quirk was brainwashing. I never realised people in general studies could have such powerful quirks.

That sounded very snobby of me, didn't it.

I felt glad I was going to the quarter-finals, I felt anxious about who I was going to be up against next. But based on who had won so far, it was either Midoriya, Todoroki, Mina, Iida, Bakugo, Kirishima, or Tokoyami.