❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" Amber tilted her head and blinked repeatedly trying to gather her thoughts, standing up with a small grunt from being in that bent position for so long. 

The kitten in the child's hand was extremely startled by the yell and began to take its claws out, digging into the boy's arm resulting in him dropping it. The kitten landed on all four paws before dashing away again, the boy's eyes beginning to cloud with tears just as they did earlier.

"RUN! WE GOTTA RUN!" (Y/N) shouted as they gently gripped onto Amber's wrist without stopping, now having Amber in tow with them. 

Amber stumbled over her feet and instinctively wrapped her fingers tightly around (Y/N)'s wrist as she tried to balance herself from falling. Her heels clicked against the ground sporadically as she regained her footing to the best of her ability while keeping up with (Y/N)'s fast pace.

"H-huh?! What're we running from?! Is there something dangerous going on?!" Amber questioned frantically as a concerned expression came to her face, her eyebrows furrowing and eyes scanning all around her for any signs of a commotion. The only present commotion was (Y/N) themself, those they ran past looking in their direction briefly in curiosity before going on with their day.

"NO! IT'LL BE TOO LATE IF WE DON'T LEAVE NOW!" (Y/N) denied with a rapid shake of their head, never turning to look back at Amber as they darted for the front gates of Mondstadt.

Amber's concerns only grew at that, her grip tightening in a comforting way as she tried to calm (Y/N) down and get a better grasp of the situation.

"What're you talking about?! (Y/N) is everything okay--" She asked, stumbling briefly over a pebble on the road making her gasp lightly before she regained her footing and continued to keep up with (Y/N).

"--NO! WE WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE THE THING I WANT TO SHOW YOU IF WE DON'T HURRY!" (Y/N) worriedly stated as they slowed down their pace so the two could walk down the upcoming stairs without tripping. 

Amber took a moment to process what they had said for a moment before shaking her head, the bunny-eared headband that rested atop it shaking along with the movement.

"...Wait!" Amber exclaimed loudly while angling herself backwards, making her heels skid against the ground so the two of them could come to a sudden halt. She wasn't gentle with firmly grasping (Y/N)'s wrist, tugging (Y/N) in her direction, making them stop running and stumble a bit from the sudden force pulling them back.

Amber let go of their wrist and wiped a bead of sweat that was forming at her eyebrow, her lips parting slightly as she silently regained her breath from just how fast they were running. She was supposed to be the best Outrider in Mondstadt, but she was sure if (Y/N) wanted to take on that role, they had the speed and stamina to do so and Amber would be left jobless.

(Y/N) turned to look at Amber, a puzzled expression morphing their features as they were very antsy with everything they did, from fiddling with the bag they had with them to making sure their attire was in order.

"Now, what're you going on about. Explain it to me slowly." Amber asked as she placed her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes at (Y/N), who sent a look of shock immediately.

"Huh? You seriously don't remember?! But we promised~" (Y/N) whined as they threw their hands out in front of them in exasperation, wanting to get moving along before it was too late.

Amber blinked a few times as she internally panicked, thinking back as she contemplated if she had promised to do something today with (Y/N).

Amber found herself stumbling over her words in her moment of guilt, her hands sliding off from her hips and finding themselves entangled with one another.