Family Ties Chapter 3

Hi people! Well here's the 3rd part of my story. I wrote whilst having minor writer's block so i do majorly apologise if it's kinda lame. Any way, hope you enjoy it, please do vote and comment, I would mutch appreciate your views and opinions :D

I stared at my dad impatiently. Why didn't he just spit it out? I know it sounded mean to say after my we had just found out such bad news, but I had always been really impatient. And I was ready to share my grief with some unknown weirdo.

                I took another glance at the guy stood next to my dad and recoiled backwards at his glance. I mean if looks could kill I would certainly have dropped dead at that moment. Who did he think he was glaring at me like that? I was about to open my mouth and ask the guy what his problem was when my dad managed to speak again.

                Kathy, this is Darrell." He began with a voice choked with emotion. So now I knew the guy's name, but it still didn't give me the answer to what the hell he was doing here. "Darrell is your brother Kathy."

                I froze. Had I just heard him correctly? My brother? I didn't have a brother. Couldn't have a brother. A half brother sure. But a brother? No it couldn't be true. |He was definitely older than me. So how could he be my brother, my dad would have told me if I had a full biological brother. Wouldn't he? I stood for a moment longer, taking everything in.

                "How?" I asked my voice shaky.

                "What do you mean, Kathy?" Answered my dad.

                "What I mean is, how can he be my brother?" I said, my temper beginning to rise. "How can this guy possibly be my brother?!" I repeated, almost shouting now.

                "I can answer that one," my 'brother' Darrell sneered. What was this guy's problem? "Our parents had me two years before you decided to come along. When you were born mum didn't want you. So she left, with the child she did want." He said the words with such venom he may as well have come right out and slapped me across the face. I couldn't understand why he was being so horrible. I mean come on. Yeah he'd lost his mum, but so had I.

                "What is your problem? I blurted. I tried to sound angry, but instead I sounded whiny and upset. This time before he spoke he moved away from my dad and came to a stop standing directly in front of me. He towered over me and sneered down his nose at me.

                "You're my problem." He hissed. "Because of you, my mother died thinking she was a terrible person. Instead of dying happy and at peace she died with regrets. All because of you." He stepped even closer until his lips were next to my ear. "And for that," he whispered for only me to hear. "I am going to make your life a living hell." He took a small step back and grinned widely at me. "It's so nice to finally meet you sister!" he said with false niceness. What was all this about? He brought me into a close hug, suddenly acting like he was my best friend. As he hugged me I looked over his shoulder at my dad, surely he was seeing how evil my 'lovely' brother was. As I saw my dad's face I saw the look of serious concern fade from his face and he smiled. Oh no. He believed this faker!

                The hug seemed to go on forever, when it made me seriously uncomfortable Darrell took a step back and gave me a twisted grin. I stumbled away from him as quickly as I could, almost tripping over and falling on my butt, in my hurry to get away from him. As I started to fall back, Darrell reached forwards and grabbed me around the waist to stop me falling over. I was grabbed and slammed against his chest. My dad laughed heartily and slapped Darrell on the shoulder

                "Good catch there son. There's the first witness of the fact that our Kathy is a complete klutz." I was in hell. There was something about this guy that just creeped the hell out of me! I wanted to be as far away from me as possible. As soon as he let go of my waist I rant o my room and shut the door behind me. I sank to the floor, with my back against the door and broke in to heart-wrenching sobs. I couldn't stand this. I had been so horrible to my mother when she had called. Now she was dead. Then I find out that I have a brother and that my mother never wanted me, so she left with my brother. Now it turns out that my brother, who I have only just met, hates my guts, because I upset my mother before she died! This was going to be hell!