11| Gradation

Pancake

Me:
Pancake
How late do you want
to do the shoot?
I'm taking pics for my sister at
the beginning and end

Pancake:
I'll come find you
My friends will come with me
and we will work it out

Me:
Alright
I'll most likely be wherever a tree is
Lightning is better there

Pancake:
Alright
I'm so excited to meet you

Me:
Weren't you there for your
aunt and uncle?

Pancake:
I was sick that day

Me:
Oh

Pancake:
Don't worry!
I've seen the pictures
You're amazing!

Me:
Thank you

Pancake:
I have to get ready now

Me:
Yeah
Get in your fancy clothes and
I'll meet you there

Amara

Me:
I'll be at the entrance in 5 minutes

Amara:
I'm not even leaving my house in 5
You'll be too early

Me:
It starts in 15 minutes

Amara:
So?
I'll be there in 10

Me:
How you ever got to class in time
is a miracle to me

Amara:
I'm just awesome like that

Me:
I'm sure you are

I was still sitting in my car as my sister went offline. I said I would be at the entrance in five, but I was already in the parking lot. Being punctual was important if you had to set up first. And as I was doing a job at the same time as congratulating my sister, I had more work to do.

I checked if the battery for my camera was full, if I had enough memory left, and then I checked if my lamp was still working. I checked if my memory disk fits in my computer and if it was empty enough to be used.

Soon, the time for the ceremony was there and I had to leave my car. I closed the door and spotted Amara walk in with our parents. I quickly ran up to them.

"Heyo!" I greeted enthusiastic and scared the daylight out of my mother.

"Geez, Lori." She panted. "Good day to you, too."

I smiled and followed them to a seat. I saw Amara walk away to her friend and quickly captured a shot of the two. My sister saw the flits and looked my way. She smiled and made her friend turn to me so I could capture them better.

The ceremony went om quickly, and I was walking around to get shots from different angles as a boy walked up to me. "Uh, Ms Mader?"

I looked up with a smile. "Hey, can I help you?"

"I'm Peter, uh... Pancake?" The boy pointed at himself. "I, uh... I asked you to take pictures." He then pointed at his friends. "With them."

"Oh, yes." I waved at the three. "Get over there and I'll get the pictures in a bit."

Amara walked off the stage and towards me. She had a smile on her face and walked over to the tree I told Peter to go to. Her eyes grew wide, but she kept her cool.

"Lore, why is he here?" My sister asked me in a hushed voice.

"Because he paid me to shoot pictures." I answered. "Get Yasmin here and I'll start."

The traditional throwing hats in the air was done and I was starting the photoshoot. First of my sister and her friend, then of Peter and his friends, and lastly with them all. Just because I wanted that.