5) Babysitting

Isabella's pov,
I have officially settled in Outer banks. Few days ago Mr. Carerra offered me a job at the wreck. I was a part time waitress now. As I was brewing coffee for a customer Ward came in and started chatting with Mr. Carerra. The pogues were nowhere in sight probably out to hangout. But I couldn't go since it was my shift here. Mum and ma were very happy to know that I got my first job and I didn't want to dissapoint them in any way. "Uh hello Isabella right?" Ward asked me and I nodded a yes. "Honey are you free tonight to babysit wheezie? Me Rose and sarah are going to check out our vacation house since it's been a while. And Rafe will be out doing god knows what. I'm gonna need some help" Ward asked me feeling quite embarrassed I guess. "Ofcourse Mr. Cameron. I don't mind babysitting her" I told him with a smile. It was true though. I loved wheezie.

"Ma? Mum? I've got another job tonight" I told my parents as I entered the house after my shift. "What is it pumpkin?" Mum asked me from the kitchen. I entered the kitchen to see my parents making dinner. "So Mr. Cameron asked me to babysit wheezie for tonight as they're going to check out their vacation home. They'll be back tomorrow morning" I told them leaving out the part that Rafe won't go. "Yeah sure. Wheezie's a sweetheart. But be safe hun" Ma told me and I went upstairs to make an overnight bag.

When the clock hit 8 pm I headed over to the Cameron household. "Thanks again for babysitting honey" Ward told me as he left the house keys to me. I bid Sarah goodbye and went up to wheezie's room. "Hey wheeze!" I exclaimed and hugged her as I saw her. "I didn't think I would need a babysitter. I'm old enough" she said and scrunched her face. "Ofcourse you are. But it's me! You're favorite human being" I told her with a smirk and she agreed with me.

" You're telling me you've never watched titanic before?" I asked wheeze in amusement. "Nope" she replied to me as I gasped dramatically. "That is not acceptable. Shut up and sit down. We're watching titanic" I told her and played titanic on the Cameron's huge television. We were in the middle of titanic and eating the spaghetti I made when the front door opened with a boom. I looked at wheezie clearly scared but she wasn't scared at all. "Dad? Where are you?" Rafe's voice yelled out as he entered the living room. His face softened as he saw me but he quickly recovered and asked me "what the hell are you doing here pogue?" It hurt me even more than I thought it would. "I'm babysitting wheezie tonight" I let out before turning back to the movie. I couldn't believe how two faced Rafe was. He was a completely different person when he was alone with me. "What do you mean? Where's Rose and Dad or Sarah?" He asked me as he cane infront of the tv blocking the view. I sighed and said "They went to check your vacation house. Why? didn't they tell you?" "Ofcourse they did" he let out and I scoffed. "Can you move? We're watching tv" I told him and rolled my eyes. He didn't say anything else just left the living room and went up to his room.

Wheezie fell asleep right near the end of the movie and I carried her up to her room. I wasn't told where to sleep so I settled on the couch and started reading my book. "Hey May" Rafe greeted me softly as he sat beside me. I glared at him and went back to reading my book. "You're ignoring me now?" He asked me and I kept quiet. "I'm sorry I couldn't talk you at that party. Topper was looking for me" he told me and started playing with the rings on his hands nervously. "you're embarrassed of me. It's alright Rafe. I mean we're not even friends. So I don't really care" I told him but I knew that I did care. Alot. With that being said I stood up and went over to wheezie's room not wanting to talk to him anymore.