***
FOUR DAYS UNTIL CEDRIC'S DEATH

"C'mon, Ced!" Diana yelled, excitedly.

She was dragging Cedric towards Honeydukes on their Hogsmeade trip. Her hair was bubblegum pink as she pulled the poor boy because she ran out of Sugar Quills and candy after she and Cedric had eaten them all last night when they were studying.

"I think you had too much candy, Di," Cedric chuckled as he opened the door of Honeydukes. "You need to lay for the Sugar Quills."

Diana gasped dramatically. "Never!"

Cedric shook his head in amusement. "You're too obsessed with them,"

"And you're obsessed with your hair." Diana retorted.

"I am not!" Cedric ran his hand through his hair.

Diana stared at him for a minute. "Then why did you run your hands through it? For the sixth time today, huh?"

Cedric rolled his eyes. "Just go get your Sugar Quills,"

She grinned in triumph as she skipped over to the sleeves for candies and grabbed a handful of Sugar Quills, four chocolate frogs for Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Sammy, two boxes of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans for Fred and George, and various candies for herself and Ced.

When she came back to Cedric, her arms were filled with different candies making Cedric chuckle and shake his head at his friend. He leads her towards the cashier, taking some of the candies from her hands and laying them on the counter. Diana paid for all her candy and Cedric paid for the chocolate rose that was in his hand.

"Who is that for?" Diana asked, nodding towards the rose.

"My mum." Cedric smiled fondly as he thought about his mother. "It's her favorite. I'm planning on giving it to her after the tournament."

Diana gave him a soft smile. "You must love her a lot. What is she like?"

"I do. She's one of my best supporters." Cedric said as he grabbed some of Diana's bags. "She's very kind, soft-spoken. Will support you unconditionally and treat you with the respect that you deserve. How about your mum? What is she like?"

"Well, she's amazing. She loves everyone and everything until her dying breath. Sam and I are her pride and joy, loves us no matter what." Diana smiled softly. "She's sarcastic, though nicely and funnily, not the mean sort of way."

Cedric glanced at her. "I hope I can meet her one day."

"She will love you," Diana said. "I hope I can meet your mum too, one day,"

"You will, I promise." Cedric wrapped his free arm around her shoulder as they reached the castle. "After the tournament. We will meet each other parents."

Diana stuck out her pinky. "Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise," Cedric wrapped his pinky around hers.

***

THREE DAYS UNTIL CEDRIC'S DEATH

Three days until the last task and Cedric was training non-stop. Diana lay on the ground as her hand played with the grass beneath her as Cedric was jogging back and forth beside her.

"Why don't you join me?" Cedric asked as he passed her. "Running is good for you,"

"I rather die," Diana replied, blocking the sun from her eyes.

Cedric rolled his eyes at her dramatics. "Don't be so dramatic, Dia."

"I'm not being dramatic, Ced," Diana said, throwing up a hand. "Yes, I'll run when I have to, like in a fight, but if it's for non-fighting purposes, I don't run,"

"But exercise keeps you healthy and eating all those Sugar Quills is not going to keep you healthy,"

Diana shot up from her spot and shot him a glare. "Did you just call me fat?"

Cedric smirked. "No, absolutely not, but if you keep it up, you will,"

"Cedric!" Diana yelled in disbelief as she stood up and chased after him.

He let out a laugh as he sprinted away from her. His plan was working as she sprinted faster toward him, grabbing a handful of his shirt and tackling him to the ground. The pair rolled on the ground before lying next to each other.

"You're mean," she pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

Cedric chuckled as he turned over on his side and leaned against his elbow. "I was only kidding, Di. Please forgive me?"

"Only if you give me back my Sugar Quills after you took them," Diana said as she glanced at him.

"Fine. But don't eat them all at once, like last time." Cedric huffed and rolled on his back. "You're like a kid high on sugar,"

"That's because I am,"

Cedric nodded in agreement. "A big one too,"

"Hey!"

***

TWO DAYS UNTIL CEDRIC'S DEATH

"Mama just killed a man, put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, and now he's dead. Mama, life had just begun, but now I've gone and thrown it all away. Mama, ooh, didn't mean to make you cry—"

"What are you doing, Dia?" Cedric asked, leaning against a tree as he watched her sing.

Diana let out a scream, turned, and promptly tripped over her feet as she exclaimed. "Cedric! Don't scare me like that!"

Cedric smirked in amusement. "What are you singing?"

"Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen," Diana answered as she held up her muggle walkman.

"You're listening to it through a tiny box?" He asked confused.

Diana sat on the ground, patting the spot next to her making him sit down next to her. She held out the headphones between them and played the song.

If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on, carry on as if nothing matters.

Too late, my time has come, sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time.

Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go, gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

"Mama, ooh, I don't wanna die, I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all." Diana started singing along as she placed her head on Cedric's.

He wrapped his arm around her waist, and small smiles spread on both of their lips as they finished listening to the song.