1: The Start of A Friendship

Third Person P.O.V

It had been a few years since Y/n graduated for high school and got a college degree, the poor woman was now at a dead end job and was struggling to find something far better to do with her life than listen to people talk about their problems while grabbing far too many drinks at their local bar.

Yes our poor Y/n is a bartender, apparently one of the best bartenders the run down club had ever had since many of the custom kept coming back just to speak with her.

It had been another slow day, working day shift was probably the worse for Y/n seeing as everyone was working at that time and no one came to a club in the day time. Y/n spent the majority of her time organizing booze, wiping down the counter top, and clean it cups, once she was bored of that she began to cut ice into different shapes as well as add to the amount of shaved ice they already had.

It had been a few hours before the club 'opened' when she head the door to the building opening. Y/n looks up from her task at hand to see a woman walk in her direction, the woman had violet colored hair with a pair of red glasses to match and dull, empty looking eyes.

Y/n raises a brow at this but prepares to make the woman a drink anyway. She takes a seat and let's out a deep sigh that catches Y/n's attention, "What can I get for you ma'am?" The woman looks up from the counter top before randomly pointing to a bottle standing behind Y/n.

The young bartender analyzes the woman before deciding she needed something heavy but sweet. Y/n began preparing the woman a long island iced tea with a bit more vodka than normal. Sliding the drink over to the woman Y/n begins cleaning the cups she had just used, "So what's your story? Ivey never seen you here before" The woman looks up from her drink and gives Y/n a suspicious glance.

"I mean you don't have to tell me I am a stranger after all but it would be better to vent than to keep it all in" The woman let's out a sigh and takes a long sip of her drink before speaking, "I'm just stressed, there's a lot of pressure being put on me and I'm being given way too much work that I can't keep up with it all plus my boss is giving me deadline projects that I can't get done because of all the other longs I'm working on"

Y/n hums and nods while drying a cup before she turns to the woman, "Why don't you take a break?" The woman looks at Y/n as if she had just grown two heads, "What?! I could never, the company would fall apart that same day of I were gone" Y/n hums and leans against the counter.

"How about if you had someone that could fill in your position until you came back?" The woman sighs and shrugs with a dejected expression, "I guess i could go on a break then but only if the person is actually capable and can get work done" Giving the woman a smile, Y/n reaches her hand across the counter and offers it.

"Well it's nice to meet you, my name is L/n Y/n" The woman looks at Y/n in shock before slowly shaking her hand. "Yuujin A" Y/n firmly shakes her hand and gives her a big smile, "So how long would you like to go on a break for?" A-chan sighs and stares down at her drink which now had been diluted due to the ice melting.

"A month, maybe a little more than that..." Y/n nods and hums, "Well alright then just tell your boss and show me what it is you do, problem solved" A-chan gives Y/n a suspicious glance. "Why would I trust a bartender to be able to do my job, that's just ridiculous" Y/n gives the woman a hearty laugh with a hand placed on her stomach. "Well Yuujin-san I actually majored in Business administration and management so anything you do I could probably do it no problem and if I can't then I'd love to learn!"

Yuujin gives Y/n a soft sigh, "Why do you want to help me so bad?" Y/n shrugs before she begins to make a new drink. "Why not? I like to help people when I can, plus I learn something new everytime I do, I get to live my life in someone else's shoes for a bit before coming back to my regular lifestyle"

Yuujin gives the young bartender a confused but grateful smile while Y/n takes away her drink. "Wait what are–" Y/n slides Yuujin a drink, "What is this?" Y/n wipes her hands before taking off her apron. "It's a house special, my own creation actually it has chocolate, vodka, whipped coffee and some other things but I figured you would enjoy something caffeinated" Yuujin gives the drink a wary stare before taking a sip and much to her surprise she enjoyed it very much.

"It on the house by the way, think of it as a going away present but not really since you'll only be gone for a month or so" Yuujin laughs softly and takes another sip of her drink, "Thank you, I really appreciate this all even though we don't really know each other" Y/n gives Yuujin a playful salute and gentle smile, "Well let's say we're friends now alright"

Time Skip

Y/n finally arrived home which was nothing more than a rub down apartment that definitely had a few problems but living here made her life easier by not needing to pay bills as long as she takes care of the place.

After a long conversation with Yuujin, Y/n was now ready to temporarily take over her job for the next month or so. Yuujin had given Y/n her number as well as her boss's number just in case she needed anything which wouldn't be likely but Yuujin was still very worried for the company as well as the girls seeing as she was the go to person for questions and their personal problems.

Y/n managed to reassure the stressed woman that she would have everything under control and that when she came back everything would be organized and settled. Yuujin being the way she is still worried but decided it was worth the break.

Yuujin had also informed Y/n over the management and other staff members that she would need to speak with frequently to keep everything in order with the other branches.

Y/n was now using her free time to research the company known as Hololive and try her best to learn the names and history of it's many members and staff.

A/n: I probably shouldn't be starting this book until I finish my Marine one but it's coming to an end soon so it should be fine.