4

-

" THEN YOU just.." Mikey leant his body over mine and jagged my arm slightly, the tip of the pool que lightly tapping the white ball into the final coloured ball.

He wrapped his arm over my shoulder and smiled, looking at the near-to empty pool table proudly.

" You do the last one yourself, Doll." He said, handing over the pool que.
I took it with hesitation - if I'm being honest, Mikey was doing all of the work for me.

I angled myself to aim for the ball and shot, perfectly missing the direction of which I was aiming and sending the creamy-white ball jumping from side to side of the table, finally sending itself into a hole off to the side.

" There's one left, " Mikey muttered, looking at the singular black ball left on the table before walking over and picking it up, inspecting it. " That's unfortunate." He said, before politely placing it in the hole.

" Ignoring that last slip-up, I say you're quite good at pool." Mikey hummed as he walked back over to me.

" I didn't even pot any, you did all the work for me. Give yourself some credit. "

He chuckled and smiled at me, smoothing over the cuffs of his sleeves as he checked the time on his watch before swiftly looking back up at me.

" It's really late you know, I think we should get going soon." He said, walking to grab his blazer off of the back of a stack of chairs in the corner of the room.

I looked at the time myself — it had passed 4am, later than I had probably ever been out with Chifuyu and the others.

Chifuyu.

Possibly the last thing I wanted to have on my mind right now, though he still lingered in my thoughts.

" Yeah, I'll call myself an uber- "
" No need, I can get someone to drive you back to yours. "

Though I had hardly known Mikey for more than some hours, I felt comfortable around him enough to trust him — he didn't seem like a bad person, and he appeared to have no bad intentions.

“ Rindou? It's Mikey.. ” He said, before I had tapped out of the conversation completely, swivelling the drink in my glass.

Chifuyu was on my mind — I was rethinking things, honestly. Though I didn't necessarily regret rejecting him, I wasn't happy with my decision either.

He's a great friend, and an amazing person, though I don't know if he's more than that.
He's more like a brother than a partner, though it's still worth the consideration.

“ Someone will be coming to pick us both up in a few, so get your things packed, okay?”

I nodded and smiled, he smiled back. I searched through my purse to check I had everything and put my jacket on and signalling to Mikey that I was ready. He finished the last sip of his drink before circling his hand around my waist.

“ Be careful, these men are strong and drunk, don't get out of my sight, okay?”
I nodded.
“ Good.” Mikey said, grinning as we made our way through the crowds of drunken men and women, all dancing against eachother, tightly packed in the room.