Chapter 1: Breathe

I dedicate this Chapter to you Svea. I only upload it because you wanted to read it :D Shall I love you or hate you?

_______________________________________

I want to tell you a story...

It's not a fairy tale, not a shiny and bright story...

Maybe the story will be a little bit dark and twisty.

Particular it's a story that haven't been told... UNTIL NOW!

It was cold, so cold! I think I am freezing to dead! Wait...where am I? Everything is dark and there is no air!

Suddenly I remembered everything: I ran away from my arguing parents and than I stumbled and fell into the lake.

My basic instinct switched on and I began to swim. My clothes were wet and it was hard it would be easier to surrender. But I can't, I felt that I have to try, that there is something important. My vision was turning black, but ultimately I reached the surface of the water. I coughed and gasped for air. I had troubles to orientate, because it was dark. I couldn't do anything but swimming and trying not to drown. Even as I wanted to give up a strange boys voice shouted: “Hold on! I'll help you, but I need time to figure something out!”

I responded: “Hu-hurry up. It's ssoo co-cold! I can't hold on for long...p-pl-please help m-me!”

He said: “Ok, ok! I can't work miracles...” he added quietly “And how I can!”

“Pardon?!” I asked confused. “Oh, nothing... Just rambling!” I was on the brink of drowning and he was rambling!

All of a sudden I felt touches on my legs. I screamed because it pulled me down and then I was under water again. It pushed me forward and I thought, that it would be my end. I was going to drown. I felt dizzy and I was going to pass out when I hit the riverside and the surface too.

I there were air but I couldn't breath in because my lungs were filled with water. The boy ran over to me and looked concerned he recognized that I was going to choke. In a normal situation I would had said that the boy looked very handsome he is the opposite of my looking: He has got short black hairs and ice-blue eyes. Also he is tall, muscular and sun-tanned.

I was going to get anxiety attack, because the oxygen ran out. The mysterious boy tried to calm me down: “Breathe with me: In, out, in, out” I tried to reply: “Can't bre-breathe...w-water...in..my..lu-lung” That was to much I was going to faint. But in this second he patted hardly on my back what caused that I finally could catch breathe again.

A few minutes we sit there in silence I was trying to handle with the situation.

The boy was the first who started to talk again he asked: “Are you okay?”

“I think I am okay. Who are you? And thanks for saving me, even though I have no idea how you did this!”, I answered.

“I am Robin. And you? You don't know how I saved you? That's impossible, I can feel you are one of us!”

“One of whom? I don't understand!”, I answered a little bit scared.

His face turned angry and Robin screamed:”Why are you lying at me?! I rescued you, I don't deserve that!!!”

I hate screaming people, they frightened me and so did he. I tried to stand up and walk away. My legs were weak and I was hardly shaking, because of fear and coldness. I walked the first step and my world started to spin and before I knew what's happening I lied on the ground again.

“You really don't know anything! I am so sorry, I didn't want to scream on you!”, Robin said.

I nodded, because I was too tired to speak. He meant: “We have to go somewhere warm or you'll get a pneumonia.” Without asking, he lifted me, helped me up and led me forward. After a while we got out of the lake-park and came into the town again. The name of the town is Keswick and the lake is Derwent Water. Keswick is really small so I wondered that I haven't ever seen Robin here.

“Where are you taking me?”, I asked carefully. He replied that I would see it soon enough. I was nervous because I wouldn't be able to escape, because I am to weak.

This is the worst day I've ever had or should I say night?

After a while of scaring thoughts we got to an old spooky hovel. In Keswick we used to call it 'Shrieking Shack' like in Harry Potter. Some weird old people were telling frightening tales of it, but I don't believe in ghosts and demons.

“This night were going freakier and freakier”, I thought.

What would I have done if Robin had been a rapist or an kidnapper? I don't know but fortunately he wasn't.

He told me to get in and wait for him, because he had to spend a penny. Inside I expected old furniture, walls, floor, everything! But I was wrong there were new things everywhere and it was bigger than I imagined.

Suddenly I heard a woman’s voice yelling: “ROBIN?! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN???”

“I am not Robin, but he's here as well”, I stammered as an old woman entered the room. She asked concerned: “Who are you? What are you doing here? Where's Robin?!”

I tried to calm her down: “I am Flora and Robin brought me here and I think he went to the closet...” I bite nervously on my lip and waited for a reaction.

“Oh...now I can feel it. You are one of us, why didn't you tell that in the first place?”, she said. “One of whom? I don't know what you mean.”, I replied. The door opened and Robin came back. Suddenly I started to feel again how cold it was, but I tried to ignore it. The woman said: “Who is she? Does she really don't know who she is?”

“What?”, I thought, “I know who I am, don't I?” He responded: “No, she honestly don't know anything about it even she's so powerful!”

While she walked over to a sofa the woman said: “I am Amanda, Robins grandma. Please sit down. You look very exhausted... Sorry for my rude behaviour but I didn't know if you are a burglar.”

“I don't understand anything... Why are you talking about me like I'm special?! And...and...why am I here?”

Amanda said:” Calm done! Look into my eyes...” I didn't know why but I did what she told me to do. Her eyes were green but suddenly the changed into a weird mixture of dark blue and purple. I got more and more tired and sleepy. “I'll count until ten then you will fall asleep”

1 “Whhaat are you doing stop it!”

2

3

4

5 I got more and more sleepy

6 My vision blurred

7 Everything spinned

8 I fell, my head hit the ground

9 “Robin why didn't you catch her.”

10 “ I'm Sor-” was the last thing I recognized then everything was black.