twenty-four | be my valentine

Chapter Twenty-Four:
Be My Valentine

"I MEAN THE absolute nerve of him! Like how rude is that?!" Kourtney exclaimed as she ranted to Lucy on their walk into school one morning. The blonde furrowed her eyebrows and played with her lanyard around her neck.

"He threw his jacket? I mean no matter what that's just disrespectful as is, and totally unprofessional," Lucy made a face. "You have nothing to prove anyway, though. You know you're a great worker and either way, you're the one in charge in this situation. Not him."

"Mama Lu, you always know just what to say. You're totally right. Thanks, Luce," Kourtney smiled thankfully at the girl. The blonde beamed up at her and nodded her head once.

"Anytime, it's what I'm here for," she confirmed. Suddenly feeling a pair of arms loop around her waist, Lucy let out a small gasp as Ej hugged her from behind, lifting her off the ground slightly.

"Guess who," he said, pressing a kiss to her cheek as she laughed at him.

"You scared me so bad, Ej, good lord," Lucy laughed, he sat her down and she turned around to face him. She stood on her tiptoes and placed a kiss to his cheek, warranting a bright smile from him in return.

"Hey, by the way, you left your flash cards at my house last night. So here are those for you," Ej passed her the stack of index cards and Lucy let out a sigh of relief.

"That's where they went! Oh my gosh, thank you so much, babe. I swear sometimes I would lose my head without you," Lucy told him sincerely as she took her flash cards from him.

Kourtney let out an exaggerated sigh and smiled at the couple who turned their heads to look at her, "I love my parents. Look at you two. So cute. My favorite not-married, married couple."

"You know Nini said something similar to me once," Lucy turned her head up to look at Ej. "Apparently we act like a married couple in our thirties with a couple of toddlers."

Ej furrowed his eyebrows and nodded his head slowly, "Couple years ahead of the game then. We can agree though that we will be the coolest parents in the PTA, right?"

"Absolutely," Lucy nodded her head once, giggling with Ej and Kourtney. The younger girl suddenly remembering something she wanted to bring up to Lucy.

"Oh my gosh! Speaking of Nini, did you hear what happened with her and Ricky?" Kourtney asked.

"No? They didn't break up again did they? I don't think I can handle another Rini break up," Lucy admitted.

"No, no, no. You know how she came home to surprise him last night? Well he went to her school to surprise her as well," Kourtney explained.

"Yikes, well at least they should be able to see each other after school today," Lucy replied optimistically, Kourtney nodding in agreement.

"I'm surprised Ricky didn't tell you, Babe. Normally he goes to you about everything when it comes to that kind of stuff," Ej commented, hoping that maybe Lucy would finally slip up some explanation as to why she and Ricky were fighting. She didn't, only shrugging it off in reply and humming slightly.

[Ej To Camera]

"Look, I'm a little dumb at times, I can admit that, but I'm not blind. Something's been off between Lucy and Ricky since opening night of HSM, and she won't tell me what... I'm starting to worry... totally not in like a jealous boyfriend way or anything."