Chapter 53: Epilogue:

Start from the beginning

Damien and Aaliyah had been inseparable since they had been together and marriage had only made them stronger. They ran the Italian mafia together, they ran their businesses together, they slayed their enemies together, they raised their children together; what one parent said went and that was all she wrote. Aaliyah and Damien had the kind of love that many people could never find but spent their life searching for. Therefore, everyone knew if one died then the other would more than likely follow closely behind.

"How are we supposed to live without them?" Arabella asked.  Her parents and family were all she knew. Damien and Aaliyah were very rarely away from their children. When they went on vacation so did the kids and when they had to fly to the states for business they brought the children to the states with them. There was no question that everything was a family affair to them. Aaliyah and Damien never yelled at them, they talked to their children with reason, which is why they knew everything that went on in their children's lives.

Christian, Damien's brother knew that if the children lost both parents they would all spiral but even if one parent lived how beneficial would that truly be?

If Damien lived and Aaliyah died then Damien would more than likely spiral into depression and commit suicide, If Aaliyah lived and Damien did not then the world would see vengeance like no other if she didn't die from heart failure first.

"What are we going to do? What can you do?"

"Aaliyah's heart was already weak. It's been weak for years. She should have never been in the line of fire. EVER. There is nothing I can do to stop her heart from failing but I may be able to slow it down if she lives. I mean if she lives it'll be a miracle and she will not be able to over exert herself anymore. She would have to be on bed rest for a while before she would even be able to resume regular, everyday activities." Jason explained.

"I've never known my mother to have a weak heart." Isabella piped up. Kitai placed his hand on her shoulder to calm her.

"It's not his fault, Bells."

"Your mother suffered extreme heartbreak with your biological father. He literally broke her heart and although she found Damien and they are in love and love one another, her heart physically never healed completely. That is why Damien is so overprotective of her emotions and mental health. She never wanted anyone to know but now we're here and you have to know."

Jason's beeper went off. "That's the hospital. It's your parents. I have to go."  Jason rushed out. Christian, Gio, and Alek following closely behind.

At the hospital, they walked into a massacre. Before Jason even got to the room, he knew. Damien sat in the corner with Aaliyah in his arms, her body limp, but her corpse still warm.

"I do not want to live without her." Damien whispered.

"Boss, you have children."

"Did you know she was pregnant?" His hand slid over her small baby bump.

"Boss, Aaliyah wouldn't want you like this." Jason tried to reason.

"She was my world apart from our kids. However, I cannot raise them without her. We were a team."  Damien sobbed.

"Her heart was already failing, D."

"Stupid woman. She never listened. She always thought she was invincible."

Jason's heart broke for his friend. Especially after all of the shit Damien had been through in life. He found his happiness only to lose it.