Ah yes, Voldemort remembered how much Severus had always despised Black and his friends since their Hogwarts days.

“Breathe, man,” Lucius urged him in a harsh whisper since it looked like Severus might actually collapse in sheer shock.

“Welcome to Magica,” Voldemort said loudly, drawing everyone’s attention back to himself. “The first fully magical country in the world, where no muggle has ever set foot before and where all magic is legal.”

All his Death Eaters were now muttering while looking around in disbelief.

“My Lord,” Nott said while looking like he wasn’t sure if he’d just become the victim of a particularly cruel prank. “How is this possible?”

“My neighbour Harry,” Voldemort waved to the left where in the far distance Potter Castle was visible, “is very good at transfiguring seawater into brand-new land. He made this country from scratch.”

“Harry?” Alecto Carrow asked with a wrinkle of her nose. “Harry who?”

“Harry Potter,” Voldemort said with a terribly amused smile. “You may have heard of him.”

All his Death Eaters, save for the ones already in the know, were now looking at him as though he’d just lost his entire damned mind.

Voldemort hadn’t been this entertained in a long time. “Harry Potter, as you may have heard, grew up in a different world where he learned all kinds of magic. Including dark magic, which he uses quite a lot. You can imagine his disappointment when he realized most of the magic he is used to practicing is illegal in Britain. He solved this problem by creating a country of his own.”

“That is brilliant,” Nott whispered while a few others nodded in agreement.

Severus, who only just seemed to have recovered from the shock of seeing Black alive and well was scowling in a way that spoke very clearly about his disdain for anything related to Harry Potter.

“In this country,” Voldemort swept his arm around to indicate the wide landscape around them, “all magic is legal. All rituals are welcomed. All ancient holidays can be celebrated here with blood and sacrifice, as they should be.” This triggered even more muttering amongst his Death Eaters, now with a clearly enthusiastic edge to it. “However,” Voldemort continued, now calming his voice while giving his followers a contemplative look. “Living here comes at a price.”

“What price?” Lucius demanded, probably thinking he had more than enough gold at his disposal to pay any amount required.

Voldemort smiled at the eager faces of his followers. “Harry rules this island and he decides who lives here. And he has decided that all magical people are welcome here, no matter their heritage.”

“Mudbloods!” Amycus Carrow spat with a wrinkle of his nose. “Filth!”

“Indeed.” Voldemort gave a slow nod. “As of yet the majority of the magical folk who live here are werewolves.”

“No!” Macnair yelled in horror, just as Voldemort knew he would. “Those fucking monsters don’t deserve to live in a country like this.”

“That is not up to us to decide,” Voldemort pointed out patiently.

“My Lord,” Alecto Carrow said in a pleading voice, ducking her head a little in a half bow. “Could you not take this country for yourself, get rid of Potter and rule it as you please?”