Rubble of the Past

Start from the beginning

However, the four parents to be noticed a tense feeling in the air. Julian looked from his dear godfather and his father. The auras he saw told him everything he needed to know. It didn't matter that a reasonable level of trust was reached between everyone in the last decade. If Sirius and Remus wanted to ever babysit they'd have to fight Brian and Severus. Also, no matter how amused they looked right now, Aster, Sophia and Silvia were also ready to fight for babysitting rights.

"I suppose we should do some shopping to finish the baby's room." Brian said as he helped Aster up from her seated position.

Tom chuckled as Opal excitedly nuzzled his neck, "Yes! Yes! We have to check out this new museum exhibit too. Opal is dying to see it." Tom said as he stood up with the basilisk, who has grown several inches in the last 10 years, followed behind him.

"Of course." Julian said with an affectionate stroke of Tanzanite's scales. "It's supposed to be a kind of a dedication to her so we must see it."

The group of humans and familiars headed to the floo. After all of them flooed over to Hogsmeade they walked down the pleasant street. As they got closer to their destination everything became a bit more busy and for a good reason. After all, a lot of people wanted to see the new exhibit in the Hogs Head Museum.

When they finally reached the lobby inside the museum they found a spot to sit. Severus and Julian went up to the counter to buy the tickets. As they waited they looked around the renovated former inn.

"This place just keeps getting bigger. Where do you think this exhibit is?" Tom asked as he looked at the counter.

Everything was clean and the floor was shiny durable tile, but kept most of its original features. The old tables were gone and had some comfy benches in its place. Off to the side of the counter was a map showing all three floors. It's that map that Aster was looking at.

Aster's finger tapped the map, "Where is the new exhibit?" Once she said that a little animated wand picture moved over the map's surface to the room everyone wanted. "It's on the third floor and far in the back."

"Got the tickets!" Julian said as he and Severus returned to the main group.

Everyone went through to the next room, which was much more open than the cozy lobby area. They passed a series of photos that commemorated the Tri-wizard tournament. The first three were of Sally winning each round of the first tournament. She was recognized as helping to bring the whole of the magical world together. On a pedestal next to the picture was the very squid trophy from the second round, which she donated to the museum.

Julian smiled, "Sally is officially the new host for the annual Tri-wizard tournament."

"Really?!" Cedric gasped and chuckled. "Oh she'll be great for that!"

Severus nodded, "Agreed. It'll be even more interesting with even more schools wanting to get involved. Cornelius told me 5 other foreign schools are seeing this as a good chance to show off their students' skills. They'll all be part of the next tournament."

"That's a really good sign!" Julian exclaimed cheerfully.

As they continued wandering through the exhibits they went by various things commemorating the slow changes in Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beaxubatons. Most of the items were pictures of the tutoring sessions and summer activities worked out with all schools. Even Gringotts had a gold textbook and quill given to the museum in their honor. After all, they opened their doors to help spread what they knew of the world and help students study in their library. As a result technology and education advanced quickly through magical Britain and each step was documented here.