He took a step in as you reached over and flicked the overhead lights on. As soon as they turned on, he closed the door behind him. He turned and looked around at the dorm in front of him. It was exactly what he expected, it was just like you.

    "Oh, god. I should've cleaned up some more. I'm sorry," you started to say as you picked some fallen supplies off of your ground as you wiped the blue paint off of your face.

    "It's fine, it's fine. It's perfect," he said as he laughed a little bit. He distracted himself by studying the items on your desk before he could let what he really wanted to say after that slip out of his lips: You're perfect.

    You laughed a little bit back as you continued to organize the supplies you had scattered. "Perfect?"

    "It's just like you," he answered simply.

    "Messy and unorganized?" you asked.

    He shook his head, smiling at you. "I can tell this is the room of an artist. Plus, all of your little knick knacks and things-- of course you would have something like this lying around."

    You looked over and saw him lifting up a rubber duck that you had sitting on top of your dresser. "I'm so glad I seem like a person that would have a random pink rubber duck in her dorm."

    "It's part of your charm, of course," he smiled back. He took a couple more steps into the dorm, going to look at your desk that was so covered in supplies. That's when he saw his painting in front of him. It was the thing that you had been working on so adamantly and when he saw your additions to the thing that he had already created, his breath almost caught in his chest. How were you so amazing?

    "I'm glad I'm just so charming," you responded. He glanced over his shoulder and saw that you were organizing your nightstand quickly. You hadn't even noticed that he had spotted your work yet.

    "A cherry tree?" he asked, which made you turn around. You knew instantly what he was talking about.

    You smiled a little as you walked closer, your hands moving through themselves. "Yeah, I thought it would be nice."

    "Is that the only reason?" he asked. He already knew the answer. Every bit of your art had meaning behind it that was bigger. You talked about missing the trees back home, so there had to be a reason that you added a cherry blossom tree into the clearing of the landscape-- a tree that was so well known to Japan.

    "Well, when you asked me to add life to it I was stumped for a while. It was already so gorgeous," you answered honestly, which made him suddenly wish that you hadn't turned on the bigger lights. He always caught you blushing at small words it was strange for him to be the one with heated cheeks, "but then I started thinking of it as if the landscape of home was me-"

    "So, you put the cherry blossom to show that Japan gave you life?" he asked, attempting to fill in the blanks.

    To show that you gave me life, you wanted to scream out, but instead you answered simply, "Yeah, that's it."

    "It really looks gorgeous," he said as he lifted it up to look at it closer. "Better than I could have ever imagined."

    "Really?" you asked, feeling your chest fill with pride as he said it.

    He smiled, setting it back down so it was leaning against the wall. "Yeah, our first collaborative piece! How about we admire it at a proper distance? Art isn't meant to be viewed from close up."

    "Of course," you said. "How dare we forget Yamamoto Sensei's one rule."

    He laughed along with you as both of you backed up the furthest you could possibly go from the desk, which happened to be right at the edge of your bed. Your heart pounded so much as he stood right next to you, you were hardly even looking at the art at this point. Oh no, you liked him so much and here he was right next to your bed like it was something casual.