Chapter sixty-three

Haven was trembling in Harry's arms. She was gravely frightened.

She couldn't go to France.

The single thought kept bouncing around through Harry's head and he hated that some selfish part of him was ... relieved. Happy even. Haven was staying, she could stay with him. This wouldn't be their last day, this opened up a whole new future for them.

But Harry cursed himself for being so selfish. That part of him was too insensitive for anyone's liking because how could he be glad Haven was staying when she was quivering like a startled bunny in his arms?

Not going to France might mean that she could stay with him, but that also meant that she had to stay in Brittain where nearly every place and every person was a painful and bitter reminder of her mother. She had done everything with Ella Goldspear, her entire life the mother-daughter duo were bound by the hip. Ella loved her daughter and Haven loved her mother but now that it was all over, every step she took, Haven saw the memories of her mother and every single damned time it punched her in the gut.

Haven was scared. She was so scared of staying in this place that she couldn't breathe at the realisation that there was no escaping this place.

She had no money, no job, no backup plan, and no idea on what to do besides healing.

All she had was Harry and his comfort but that wasn't going to save her life if every step she took was like a million pounds pulled her shoulders down, tiring her with every move. 

"Hey, breathe with me, love," Harry whispered when he noticed the excessive heaving of her chest and the panting breaths that fanned against his neck. 

They still sat on the bed but Haven couldn't calm down, no matter how much she tried to keep her head clear, needing to find a solution to this looming problem. Her shoulders shook, rattling her to her very bones, and the sniffs and gasping for breath was uncontrollable. 

Haven could only be grateful she found Harry before she completely broke down in the middle of the corridor or in the common room. His presence helped but the panic didn't flood from her veins. The only comfort she got from this turn of events was that Harry could be there for a whole damn lot of panic attacks now.

"It's gonna be alright, don't worry about it, I promise I'll make it alright," Harry whispered, his lips against her cheek, pressing kisses to her skin in between words. 

"I failed - I failed -" Haven sobbed. "It's over. I can't - can't go anywhere, I have nothing to do, and - and -"

"Shh, I'll make it alright, I promise," Harry reassured her, gently rocking her back and forth before crawling back onto the bed with her and holding her between his legs, against his chest whilst he sat back against the headboard. "You did everything you could, it's not your fault,"

"So - so I was predestined to fail?"

Harry closed his eyes in a sigh. He didn't want her to feel this way, it broke his heart. "Of course not. You put all your hard work into it and if you did anymore you would've passed out during the exam, love. I'm very proud of you and I'll do everything to make you feel comfortable in the next couple of days alright? I'll take care of you real good,"

Haven's hands clung to Harry's shirt, making Harry wonder if she thought Harry would be leaving. But if there was one thing Harry was confident about in the situation that crept up on them, was that Harry would not be leaving her side.

Even if the floor under their feet was burning or if hail rained from the sky.

#