Chapter 12

Waking up, Asta felt the pain in his arms. It wasn't as painful as it had been the moment they had been crushed, but it was still painful enough that he didn't want to move them.

When he opened his eyes, he was surprised at where he was. At least until he remembered what had actually happened. The fight with Vetto, the things he had said.

The teen sighed, moving to sit up but finding himself unable to do so. Confused, he looked down at his arms only to find them both bandaged and held in position in front of his chest. Well, there went his way of moving freely.

Not like he wanted to move his arms anyways. Eventually, he managed to move into a siting-position. There was a patch on his right side too, the section where he had received a deep cut. Even without a mirror, Asta knew that his other wounds had been tended too.

A chuckle left him when he thought about the way Mom would scream at Dad for allowing him to get hurt so much once again. He really was a trouble magnet. But that was just the way things were. Magic knights get hurt, that was normal. And with the amount of magic that guy had, it was even more natural.

But that wouldn't stop her from yelling at Dad. He wouldn't have it any other way thought. They loved him in their own, sometimes weird way. Even though…..

Another sigh. Asta shook his head. Didn't matter.

The door to his infirmary room opened revealing Yuno.

"Hey" Asta smiled.

Yuno said nothing, grabbing one of the chairs to sit down beside the bed. His face straight as always. Asta could tell thought, that there was something troubling him.

"Did I miss anything?" he asked.

"Well, that guy kind of blew himself up. Captain Yami stopped him thought. How do you fell?"

Before answering, the teen checked his own body once again, searching for the pain signals all over. Most of it was located in his arms. The rest didn't feel so bad.

"Okay, I guess" he shrugged. "My arms hurt a lot." He admitted.

A small smile. "We'll leave in the morning. Then your father wants to go to Owen with you. The healers here said that their magic isn't strong enough for this. Owen is stronger" he said.

Asta raised an eyebrow. They weren't strong enough? His arms were simply broken, nothing more. How could they not fix that? Well, the others had been hurt too. They too, needed to be healed. Maybe they just didn't have enough magic for this.

The teen nodded.

Here they were again, alone in a room. Should he ask what they were? Should he decide that for himself? Kissing was a very obvious sign for him what they felt for each other. But he really didn't want to decide that.

Asking seemed to be such a weird thing too though. Just asking 'are we a couple now?' just didn't seem right. Yet, Asta didn't know how else to ask the other. And the worst thing he could get was a 'no'. Which he was sure he wouldn't get.

It was Yuno who had kissed him after all. He had just responded the way he wanted to.

"Asta?"

And then he noticed that he had just been staring at Yuno for the last five minutes. Oh god.

"Sorry" he muttered.

A stifled laugh and he felt stupid. Was Yuno actually laughing at him now? Did he look that stupid while staring? It couldn't have been that bad right? There was nothing interesting to stare at after all.