Twenty-three

I V Y

"And he wins again!" Vincenzo shouted loud cheers from beside me making me jump, covering my ears.

'Keep it low Vince." Rose muttered, shooting glares at her husband who only wrapped an arm around her shoulders in response.

"It was expected." Mason said with a groan, "when has he ever lost?" Ace's parents let out a chuckle before we made our way towards Ace who was getting out of his car. He slammed the door shut, removed his gloves before throwing them aside. Mason handed him a bottle of cold water which he gulped in one go.

"It's getting boring. There's no one good enough to beat me." Ace grumbled, closing the bottle before throwing it back at Mason.

"That was mere luck!" A guy dressed in a green outfit stopped feet away from Ace who raised his brows at him before mocking him, "then I've been lucky my whole life, darling."

"Shut up!" The guy rolled his eyes, "just because you own this club doesn't mean you always have to win."

"The fuck are you talking about?" Ace tilted his head to the side, trying to understand the logic behind his words.

"I don't know!" The guy groaned, "what's your secret? How do you always win? I can't win—why can't I win?!"

"Ace has been doing this ever since he was fifteen." Vincenzo spoke up making my eyes widen slightly. He's been into racing since the age of fifeen?

After a few seconds of silence, Vincenzo continued to speak, "I don't know who you are or where you got the audacity to speak to my son like that but I swear if you do it again, I'll throw your ass under his car and drive over you." His tone was serious, cold and threatening. The guy visibly gulped before turning on his heels and walk away.

I saw Ace smirk at the corner of my eyes. "You know, I could've handle him." His father rolled his eyes before patting his shoulder as his mother ruffled his hair making him push her hand away lightly, "stop."

"You're cute." Rose commented, smirking at her son who was getting anniyed by their behavior. "Don't forget to come home before seven today. We are having guests for dinner. Your father's brothers and your cousinswith your grandfather, of course."

"Oh right. My cousins," Ace muttered, "these ugly looking, always overdressed, stupid and toxic motherfuck—" Ace was cut off by Vincenzo who put his hand in front of him, "we get it! You don't like them."

"Me and your dad are returning home." Rose said, grabbing her husband's hand, before placing a kiss on Ace's forehead, "I'll see you at home before seven," she laid emphasis on the two last words. Ace nodded as his parents turned around and left.

"When your parents are here, it's as if me and Ivy aren't." Mason muttered making Ace roll his eyes, "you know it's kinda hard to pay attention to you guys when they're all over me."

"Yeah, they're overprotective." Mason pointed out, "but really nice. I'll be right back." Mason then walked away leaving me and Ace alone in an awkward silence.

"So, are we gonna talk about last night?" He asked, casually leaning against his car.

"What happened last night was a mistake and it will not be repeated." I said firmly, glancing at him before fixing my gaze on the ground.

"A mistake?" He repeated followed by a scoff, "it was anything but a mistake."

"No, it was a mistake." I replied sternly, moving my gaze from the ground to him, "it's not going to happen again. Go kiss or fuck someone else."

"I don't want to kiss or fuck anyone else. You've been on my mind ever since I first saw you. Don't you get it?" He pushed himself away from the car, grabbing my arm tight but not enough to hurt me, "I can't stop thinking about you. I never did what I did last night—I never snuck into a girl's room only because I wanted to kiss her. That's so not me." His tone was now emotionless but still calm.

My breath hitched at his words. That's when I noticed that our faces were only inches apart. He lowered his head and was about to place his lips on mine again.

"I've known you for weeks." He muttered, his hot breath hitting my my lips, "fuck Ivy."

However, before anything could happen, someone cleared their throat ,snapping both Ace and I from our daze. I gulped, realizing that we were in a public place and Mason was in the same place. How could I have been so careless?

"Isabella," Ace grinned, "what's up?"

I saw Isabella flashing me a knowing smirk, "sorry to interrupt. It wasn't my intention but you idiots are in public. If you want to keep whatever's going on between you two private,watch your surroundings."

"Nothing's going on between us." Both Ace and I said at the same time which made Isabella laugh before giving a sarcastic reply, "sure, that's why you were going to kiss each other before I stopped you." Her tone was dripping with sarcasm, "Oh and that's why you were in her room last night. That explains everything."

"Where'd Mason go?" Ace asked, changing the subject.

"I don't know, I just came." Izzy replied, looking around for her boyfriend, "I thought he'd be with you guys."

As if reading our minds, Mason walked towards us and pulled Izzy for a hug which she instantly returned. Once they broke the hug, they shared at kiss which made both me and Ace  noticeably shift uncomfortably.

"I went to talk to someone." Mason explained, now looking at us, "how about we spend the rest of the day at my place?"