I could feel my heart speed up, as he slowly lowered his head down to mine, his eyes closed. I closed my eyes as well and tilted my head up towards his...

"Hey, guys!" Bindi yelled, ruining the moment and obviously scaring the crap out of us. Robert jumped, his hand smacking me right in the face.

"Ow!" I yelled, bringing my hands up to my nose.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you two, but I saw Laurie in the parking lot and she said you two were back here, and to grab Ashley so you don't miss your appointment," Bindi explained.

"Uh, Ash? I think you're bleeding," Robert said, pointing to a couple of drops of blood on the floor. I slowly pulled one of my hands away from my face and noticed it had some blood on it.

"Great," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Come sit at the table a second, I'll get some paper towels," Robert said urgently, pulling a chair out for me.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't think you guys were gonna be so close to each other, and like I said I didn't mean to startle you," Bindi said, further apologising.

"Oh no, it's totally okay, love. Don't worry about it, just a bloody nose," I said, tilting my head back as Robert came over and pressed some paper towels to my face.

Thankfully my nose wasn't bleeding too bad and we got it cleaned up quick enough. Bindi left to go check on Rose and some of the other animals in the hospital while I washed my hands, Robert leaning back against the counter to my side.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know Bindi was going to do that," He said, his cheeks turning red.

"Oh it's okay, don't worry," I replied.

Robert walked me back to my mum's car, opening the door for me like a gentleman.

"Thank you! Have a good day," I said to him.

"I will, let me know what doc says!" he said back.

I nodded as he carefully closed the door.

"So, what took you so long?" My mum asked as she drove away from the zoo.

"Well I know you saw Robert walk up to the door too, so he helped me in and followed me to the break room and opened the fridge for me. We kinda had a moment and he was going to kiss me but then Bindi popped in and scared us. Robert jumped so hard, and his hand hit my face, and gave me a small nose bleed," I explained, blushing slightly. My mum and I were so close, that telling her that Robert and I almost kissed wasn't awkward at all, but I still laughed off the embarrassment of Robert accidentally giving me a nosebleed.

"Oh, how sweet! Don't worry, soon enough you'll have an even bigger and better moment and it'll make up for it!" my mum said. It was nice being so close to my mum, but sometimes I wish I had an actual best friend around my age to get excited about things like this with me.

We got to the hospital just in time for my appointment. We told the receptionist my name, and she led us to a small exam room.

"Dr Reymar should be in here in just a few minutes," the receptionist, a short, curvy lady with a blonde pixie cut.

Soon the doctor came in.

"Good morning, Ashley. You're here to get your stitches checked?" Dr Reymar said as he walked in.

"Yes sir, just here for my follow up to get them looked at and see how healing is going," I replied.

"Alrighty, if you could swing your legs up onto the hospital bed so I can take the boot off and roll up your pants leg if that's alright," he said, sitting down on a small stool.