Chapter I

(Flashback from this point on!)

Riiing!!!

So there I was; staring at the big front door of my new school. I was new in town. I had  just moved in, I didn´t know a single living thing in the area, and I was already late. “Great” I thought. Things could not get worse. I entered to the enormous building and saw groups of kids running towards their classrooms. I started muttering positive things to myself. I was so nervous.

I started going directly to the principal´s office so that he told me all of the school rules and stuff. When I got there, there was a blonde lady sitting behind a wooden desk, her name placard read “Mrs. Johnson”. She told me to enter through a door and to wait on some chairs that were on the left side of that room.

That´s when I saw him. Sitting there was the most handsome boy I´ve ever seen. He was light-brown-haired, his eyes were hazel-green, and he had the most wonderful smile. My heart was pounding as I approached him. I got to the chairs and sat on a chair that left one chair between me and him.

Then there was this horrible awkward silence, when at last he spoke:

“ Hey… are you here to see the principal?”

“Um… well… yes”. I said nervously. I didn´t expected him to talk to me.

 “You know he´s going to take a little long, don´t you?” he said.

 “Actually… no. I am new here so… no I really didn´t know” Oh my God! What I was going to do! I couldn´t stay here “long” talking with him. I didn´t know what to say to him, besides I never talked that much with boys before, I mean except form my brother and his friends. I didn´t know much about how to act around boys, much less around good-looking boys.

“Oh! Well, hi then! I´m William. William Unger, but you can call me Billy, that´s how my friends call me. Nice to meet you, and you are…?”

I was shocked. This boy just call me his “friend” in some kind of way. This was the first time a boy talked to me alone, without any of my friends around. But obviously with what friends would he talk to me if I didn´t know anyone here.

 “Oh! Yeah… I´m Anna. Anna Grace. Nice to meet you too.” I said shaking off my surprise.

 “Are you new in town or just in this school?”

“I’m new in town. My dad was just transferred from Virginia.”

 “Well, in that case, maybe we could-“

 “UNGER! I don´t have all day!”

I just totally had forgotten about the principal, and that we were waiting for him outside his office. He just ruined this moment.

“Sorry,” he pointed toward the principal and whispered to me “you don´t want to leave him waiting. Guess I’ll see you around”

He stood up and and started walking until he dissappeared inside the office.