Prologue

“Wait!” he said.

I didn´t have any intention of “waiting” for him. At least, not after what he has just done.  I started pacing down the street. It was all silent except for some police sirens in the distance and his voice shouting my name, telling me to wait, that he thought I wasn´t going to go. 

But that´s the problem- he thought! -. He didn´t even call me to assure it, and besides I never told him I wasn´t going to go, why should he think that?

At this point tears were bursting down my face ruining my makeup. I didn´t want him to see me like this and I didn´t want to talk to him now or never and I didn´t want him to know that I cared, which obviously was impossible because I just stormed off that place like a diva.  

I finally arrived to the X Factor contestants´ mansion which was three blocks away. It was the most amazing mansion ever, but that didn´t matter at that moment I just needed to get to my room. As I was approaching the front door Keaton was waiting outside and I don´t know if it was my clouded mind at that moment but I could swear I saw a triumphant smile full of pleasure on his face. Why was he smiling that way when he saw me crying?! He was supposed to be sad for me. He was my friend.

Anyway, I didn´t bother to say a word to him, I just was not in the mood to talk to anybody. I rushed into the house and into my room, and when I got in I realized I did a weird scene. A girl running inside the house with smeared makeup on her face, crying and a handsome guy speeding behind her shouting her name. I was just a confused 16 year-old in an unknown surrounding and they had just torn my heart to pieces. I didn´t have anyone neither my mom nor my friends. Now, I couldn´t help it anymore  I just came apart. And that´s when I started remembering everything...