goldric week day 3 - jealousy, jealousy

Start from the beginning

When Hunter got home, sack full of bottles, eggs, and spare pieces of paper, he still couldn't manage to shake the gross feeling he had had earlier.

"HOOT HOOT, HIYA HUNTY," Hooty exclaimed at his presence. Even in his sour mood, Hunter could never bring himself to be mad at or mean to Hooty. His intentions were always pure.

"Hey, Hoot. Mind if we have our tea party tomorrow? Being in town kind of threw my mood," Hunter sighed.

Hooty's face fell a bit. "Sure thing, Hunty-Hunt. DO NOT FLAKE ON ME AGAIN," He shouted, unhinging his demon mouth to consume the boy. Hunter put his hands up defensively before petting Hooty's face.

"I will not, thanks for letting me in." Hunter noticed the emptiness of the living room, assuming Eda went to her own bedroom, Luz maybe still at school.

Hunter placed the elixir bottles down on the kitchen table, loading the gryphon eggs into the fridge, and laying the bounty papers down on the apple blood table.

With an exhausted sigh, he trudged up the stairs of the Owl House, making his way to his room to see his palisman.

Rascal chirped at his arrival, fluttering up to land on his shoulder. "Hiya there, buddy," Hunter said fondly, taking a seat on his pile of pillows. 

He sighed. "I discovered yet another emotion today. Time to add it to the list," he said playfully, scratching the underside of the bird's chin. Rascal tilted their head to the side in curiosity, to which Hunter shrugged. 

"I suppose I had more feelings for the Blight boy than I thought. Seeing him with this other guy made me sick. I had to walk away to prevent myself from vomiting on them." Rascal nudged Hunter's hand in understanding. They chirped in response.

"Jealous? Isn't that a bad thing? I must be terrible to be around, how could a witch get that possessive over someone else like that??" Hunter groaned, a knot filling his stomach and lump forming in his throat. The thought of being possessive and controlling like that over Edric made him want to drown in his blankets.

Rascal chirped, flying over next to Hunter's face. He buried his head into his pillows, feeling stupid and toxic for thinking this way.

"The next time he comes over, I should apologize." Hunter said firmly. He made a pact to himself to never make anyone else feel the way the coven made him feel. The way Belos made him feel. He would be holding himself to that.

Rascal sighed, as much as a bird can, and settled into the boy's neck. Hunter closed his eyes solemnly, hoping to get some napping in before dinner. 

Naturally, as it tended to happen in this house, his attempts at peace were interrupted.

A loud rapping of the wood on his door pulled him out of his thoughts. "Hunter!" He could hear Luz, muffled from the other side. "It's Blight time in like an hour!" 

That made his chest sink. Begrudgingly, he stood up to open the door to find Luz standing on her tiptoes. 

"Hiya Hunter, you okay?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. Hunter sighed, for what felt like the hundredth time that day, and nodded.

"Yeah, town wore me out. You said about an hour?" He asked, changing the subject. Luz nodded excitedly. 

"It might even be a sleepover, since it's not a school night! Oh, I'm so READY to get my Blight on! Amity and I are so close to finishing our last chapter of The Good Witch Azura: A Fallen Foe, that it hurts!" She groaned, flopping against the wall.

Hunter chuckled, leaning on the doorframe. "Well then I'm glad they're finally coming over! Writer's gotta write." He shrugged, making Luz giggle.

"Alrighty then, well I'm gonna head down and get the living room set up for everyone. I'm guessing Edric is sleeping up hereee?" Luz asked teasingly. Hunter averted her eyes.