Chapter Eight

The sun blasts through my windows. I turn over covering my head with a pillow. Marola stands on my back screeching. Groaning, I turn slowly careful not to throw the cat on the ground. I stare at the ceiling. God my head hurts. I press my eyes as closed as I can hoping to avoid the sun's glare. To no avail. Marola is still yelling, but at least he's moved on to his next victim.

His next victim?

Having forgotten Pierre stayed the night, I practically jump out of my skin. Not one to be ignored, Marola swats Pierre's face. Wide eyed, I pull the sheets to my chin and look back up at the ceiling. I remember the night in detail. That boy really knows a thing or two about kissing. Slowly, I roll out of bed avoiding making any noise. Marola really isn't going to shut up until I feed him.

The cat follows, weaving between my legs. Still yelling as always. The small cat clearly didn't get the memo about being quiet. My phone is still on the table from dinner. After feeding the cat I sit and catch up.

💬CharChar Binks 🌪

4 Messages

I wonder what Charles wants. I open the messages.

CharChar Binks 🌪

◜ Seriously Jo! ◞

◜ I can't believe you

showed that to Pierre ◞

◜ I thought we were

taking that to our graves! ◞

◜ What were you

doing with him anyway ◞

◜ Replacing you◞

Delivered.

Placing my phone back on the table, I take out some fruit to eat. Charles replies almost instantly

CharChar Binks 🌪

◜ Impossible and we both know it ◞

◜ "Ah bah oui" 🤢 ◞

◜ Shut up 🤧 ◞

◜ Might as well asked him

to mount you right there ◞

◜ You're disgusting I'm blocking

your number ◞

◜ Ah bah oui! ◞

◜ That's a lot of excitement for a boy

that's about to be blocked ◞

◜ 💔 ◞

◜ Did you at least have fun? ◞

---------

Before I can respond I feel a hand on my shoulder. Clutching a hand to my chest, I jump out of my seat. My phone flies across the room landing by the bedroom door. Pierre jumps back, eyes as wide as saucers.

"I'm so sorry, I thought you heard me walk up behind you." He explains.

Raising a hand from my chest, I run my fingers through my hair. "No worries."

"I'll get your phone," Pierre bends over. I can hear the phone vibrating from where I stand. Charles.

💬CharChar Binks 🌪