♧︎𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜♧︎

{tw: mention of rape , physical abuse , eating disorders , assault , }

Brielle's family was worried. They were used to her playing her instruments- she's always been musically gifted- but this time was different. She usually played methodically, stopping after a few strums to write. But she hadn't stopped since she came home, which was 8 hours ago. Her door was locked as well, which she never does. Miyoung was pacing, Eryn was lying on his phone, texting on snapchat, and Kevin was on the phone with a family member. The whole household was on edge, waiting for the girl to come downstairs.

By midnight, the guitar was still strumming, and when Miyoung knocked onto the door, soft sobs could be heard. She didn't answer the door. Miyoung left a plate of food outside the door, and walked down the stairs to her sons room.

"Eryn?"

"What's up mom?"

"You have Clays number right?"

"No. But Karl does."

"Good Idea."

Eryn nodded, and continued typing away. Kevin left for work, giving Miyoung a reassuring nod and an extra hug as he left. Within a half hour, Clay and Karl were at the door, both worried. They stepped in, hearing the soft strumming of the guitar coming from the girls closed door. Karl gave Miyoung a hug, and walked into the kitchen, gesturing to the stairs.

"I'll stay with Auntie." Karl said. Clay nodded, walking up the stairs. He reached her room, knocking on the door gently. She didn't answer, and the strumming was heard being played louder.

"Bri open the door please." He sighed. No response.

"Brielle your mom is worried. Let me in please."

The strumming stopped. Soft padding was heard until the door opened to a disheveled girl standing before him. She looked like the light had left her. Her knuckles and fingertips were red and bloody. Her hair was in a messy bun, bangs all over the place. Her eyes were red and puffy, looking like she fought 10 billion lions. But worst of all, her smile was gone.

"Come in." She said, stepping out of the way.  Her voice was even drained of life, cracking everywhere.When he walked in, she closed the door again, and sat on her bed. He joined her- making sure to leave personal space. She grabbed her guitar, putting it on the floor gently.

The silence was loud. Almost ear piercing. They didn't know what to say to each other. Brielle hated this feeling.

"Im sorry for this."

and the tension broke. Clay huffed, thinking of what to say.

"Im glad you're letting out the bottled emotions Brielle. It's not healthy to keep them in for so long."

"Not like I had a choice."

He sighed, scooting next to her, so they were shoulder to shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her, trying his best to comfort her. She sniffled, letting into his embrace.

"Do you want to talk about everything? I know you probably haven't told your parents about the ...bad things."

Brielle sat thinking between the pros and cons. Pros: she can comfortably be around someone ,  better bond. Cons: He might use it against her? He might laugh and tell her she's over exaggerating. Why does she feel nervous sharing this stuff with him? Doesn't matter. But what if after she tells him he laughs at her and leaves? That wouldn't be good. Well. Yolo.

She nodded slowly, taking a deep breath.

"Sorry if I ramble through this, this is scary." She said, fidgeting with her fingers.  He grabbed her hand softly, holding it in his own hands. He sighed, saying,"Take your time Bri, I'll be here until you're ready." His smile was what comforted her to continue.

⚠︎︎⚠︎︎ᴍᴀᴊᴏʀ ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴏɪɴᴛ!⚠︎︎⚠︎︎

"Well lets start in my first home. Chris was way too young to be a father. And way too two faced. You can guess what happened when the people weren't there. I thought what he did to me, what he did to his wife, what he did to the kids he tutored after school, was normal. Until one day my preschool teacher noticed that when I needed potty help there was bruises. She took me to the fire department. And I still had no idea that my foster parent had raped me. That's how normalized it was.

"My second home was better. Until Michelle realized my toddler chub wasn't cute and engraved a starvation method into my brain. 'One meal a day or you'll be fat and I'll throw you to the curb.' That was a daily quote. And her boyfriend was a douche. If it wasn't for the neighbor next door that heard Michelle screaming at me to stop eating I would still be there most likely.

"Then the house before my parents now was the worst. By that time I was 10, and obviously I was growing. Well Wendy didn't like that. And her five sons didn't either. I have scars from that place, mental and physical. The constant sexual assault and slurs and hair pulling and scratches was too much. So I ran to the fire department again. They welcomed me with open arms when I couldn't tell them what I had been through. I think that night was the first night that I actually had realized that everything that happened to me wasn't okay. And that I just got unlucky. When I had to go back to that hellhole, they were furious. But I started to harm myself because they encouraged it. 'kill yourself' 'just die already whore' and so much worse. It was the only way I thought I could be a good child. But then the fire chief showed up again, and I stayed at the department until CPS showed up.

" But the good part of this story is here. The chief of the fire department was Karls dad. So he told Kevin, who told Miyoung, and bam I found my family."

She finished her story, tears ran out ages ago. Clay was staring at the floor, processing the whole story of the girl. He looked at their intertwined hands. And then pulled her into a bone crushing hug. What she couldn't see, was he had tears in his eyes.

Brielle is so strong for what she's been through. And so are you. reader. whatever you're going through, just know that you're stronger than it. I love you. Noodles the Pug loves you. And you deserve to have a great time in this scary world. <3.

__________
shrub speaks!

like i said above, you are stronger than you know. Im so proud of you for being here today, and being here for all the days to come.

i love you dear reader. and i cant wait to see you next week. <3