#10 Grieve🐉

Beijing, China

                                                                                                           November, 2017

Yu Yan's POV.

Fluttering my eyes open as I woke up the next day, I sat up in my bed and stretched my arms. Not even a minute passed before I could hear a loud noises coming from the living room. "Is Keni still at home?" I asked myself as it was really rare for her to be here at this hour.

I left my bed and hurriedly opened the door only to see her crying her eyes out as she was sitting on the ground.

Not wasting any minute, I ran to her and hugged her tightly, not knowing what's wrong with her.

"Keni, what's wrong?" I asked her as softly as I could, as my fingers stroked her long hair.

My effort to calm her down wasn't helping at all and we stayed there, on the cold floor, hugging each other for a very long time. Not having a clue, I tried to comfort her with whispering some calming words of encouragement and "Everything will be alright" together with kissing the top of her head from time to time and not letting her leave my arms which were wrapped around her slim and surprisingly weak body.

"M- My..." Keni tried to get out the words from her chest, but apparently it was hard for her.

Loosening my hug on her, I held her face in my hands softly as my thumbs were doing their best to wipe all of the running tears. "Shhh, it's okay Keni. Tell me what's wrong so I can help."

Inhaling a sharp breath into her lungs, Keni began to speak, "My G- Grandma-ma d- died... Sh- She is gone Yan!"

Standing up on my feet, I pulled her towards my room and gently sat her on my bed, "Let's sleep for a while okay? Maybe it can help a little bit."

Keni didn't resist at all as she lied down under the covers and hugged me tightly once again, sobbing loudly into my chest.

Not really bothering me the fact that I would skip a school, I let my hands stroke Keni's head and let her fall asleep in my arms. I knew that she needs someone right now and that someone is gonna be me. Looking at my phone, I answered the text from Jiagi and Daimeng, typing that Keni doesn't feel well and that I'm staying at home today.

Around a noon, the tall girl's puffy eyes opened and her arms around me tightened. "I'm so sad Yan!"

Pulling her impossible closer to me, I knew what she was going through, "I know... My mom died too, remember? I'm here for you Keni."

"B-But about your school?" She chocked out, meeting my eyes.

"That's the last thing I care about now." I simply answered. "Tell me about her... Your grandma."

"...She... She was always there for me. She was the one who persuaded my parents to let me dance. She took care of me when both mom and dad went abroad to earn money when I was six. Grandma knew me the best in the world. I could tell her anything and still know that she wouldn't be disappointed in me."

Humming at her response, I asked her another question, "Did you have lots of happy memories together?"

Simply nodding her head as the curves of her lips turned upwards, she continued, "She would take me to play games all the time. She would listen when I had something on my mind and didn't judge me. She would cook my favorite meal, she would wait for me at the train station, she would just been there for me every time I needed her... When I was like five years old, she took me to the Blackpink concert and it was the moment that I decided to be a dancer. She told me if I could be hard on myself then I could do everything I wanted. When we came home after that event, mom and dad scolded me... Saying it's waste of money and that I could never be that good as these famous dancers, still grandma payed for my dancing lessons, let me stay at her house or even comforted me when I wanted to give up. I have a video of her training with me when I was little..."