🎊🧯checkmate pt. 1// all 🧯🎊

i have a huge obsession with the idea of a high school AU, and for that reason i'm going to make a multiple part chess club AU in which all the doa and hunting dogs characters are chess players. technically there's mostly fyodor x reader x nikolai action in this but ehh you really gonna complain about that? 

there are also tons of AU headcanon things in this fic, such as fyodor and dazai being half-brothers, oda being alive SDKJFKSJD, and poe and ranpo being kindergarten rivals.

oh and i'm making most of the characters fruity, that includes [y/n], because hot people are fruity and the entire bsd cast is hot. you are legally not allowed to complain about this 🥰👹

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Sigma, please, I'm begging you, I'm on my knees, please just eat!"

The 3 year old narrowed his eyes at you, then at the spoon containing the contents of a new, healthy cereal your mom was so adamant about trying, and conclusively stuck his tongue out at the both of you, blowing raspberries with his pouty chubby cheeks.

"You're too old for this, you know that?" you scoffed, setting the spoon back down on the table. "For the silent treatment you're giving me, too."

He smiled devilishly, and you told yourself that this kid really was going to be a handful once he gets older. However, you weren't going to admit defeat so quickly.

Grabbing the spoon yourself, you shoved it into your mouth and said loudly, "Hm, this is actually really yummy! Y'know what, Sigma, I'll just finish it in your place-"

Immediately, he began to fuss around, arms flailing and waterworks starting, and you mentally gave yourself a pat on the back, only to remember that this was a three year old you were dealing with, not your arch-nemesis.

Oh well. Close enough.

"[y/n]!!"

You perked up at the sound of your name, then panicked because it was your mother who was speaking - actually, more like yelling from the other end of the house, something that thoroughly irritated you. "Yes?!"

"It's 8:15, you're going to be late!" she called out. "Is Sigma dressed? Do you have you backpack ready? Did you eat breakfast, did-"

You sighed loudly to yourself, then shouted, "Yes, yes, yes and yes, calm down, Mom!"

Hearing a steady gallop of footsteps falling down the stairs, quickly, then glancing at you and your younger brother sitting down at the table, the chair to your left harboring the backpack and your uniform already put on.

Half-expecting a 'great job!', you instead received an angry, albeit stressed, shake of a fist and a lecture about how it's rude to tell your own mother to 'calm down'. Luckily, you picked Sigma up by the armpits and used him a shield, which was turning out to be the only use of his existence.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, okay?" you cried out jokingly, setting him back onto the ground and snatching the strap of your pack. "The school is a 5 minute walk, and I'm already 15, I'll be fine, I've got plenty of time," you assured her.

"This last-minute attitude is not going to work on the first day of your new school," she reminded you, combing through her lilac hair, the exact same tone as your brother. "Now, shoo! I need to drop Sigma off at the pre-school, then think up an excuse to explain why I'm late to work."