The vote

The room was really quiet. Unlike earlier. I was sat with 067. We didn't speak, we just sat in silence.

"Thanks."

She looked at me.

"For getting me out of that crowd..."

Yeah the silence was really awkward.

"It's fine, you helped me earlier... twice actually."

I smiled. So did she.

Before I could say anything else, the doors opened. In walking some of the guards, the square mask at the front as usual. We stood up.

"All of you have made it through the first game, congratulations. Let me announce the results from the first game."

The screen above him showed the number drop from 456 to 201.

"Out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated."

"SIR!" A woman ran to the front of the crowd. Her number was 212. "IM SO SORRY! I'll make sure I pay off my debts! I'll pay them off at all costs!" She dropped to her knees. "Please sir... I have a child... I haven't even registered my baby's birth yet because I haven't even named my baby! PLEASE LET ME LEAVE!"

Another woman got to her knees "Please spare my life! I'll find a way to
Pay off the debts!"

Another one: "Please let me go! I want to leave!"

Most people were on the floor begging now. I took a step back, accidentally bumping into 067. I apologised before staring back at the square mask.

"There seems to be a misunderstanding. Let me remind you that we're here to give you a chance-"

"A CHANCE?! YOU CALL THIS A CHANCE?" 119 screamed "you kill us while making us play kids games?!"

271 joined in. "We may be in debt.. BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN WE DESERVE TO DIE!"

"This is just a game-"

"YOU KILLED ALL THOSE PEOPLE!"

"They were simply eliminated for breaking the rules of the game, if you just follow the rules you can leave this place safely with the money we promised."

"I don't need that stupid prize money!... PLEASE JUST LET ME OUT!"

"Consent form clause one: a player is not allowed to stop playing."

"Do you think you'll get away with what you're doing? The police will realise we are missing and track down our phones!"

BANG

I covered my ears, 067 putting a hand on my back and pushing me to the floor like everyone else was.

"A player who refuses to play will be eliminated."

"Consent clause number three!" Everyone turned to look at 218. " games may be terminated if the majority agrees. Isn't that correct?"

"That is correct."

"Then let us take a vote, if the majority agrees to leave then you let us go."

"As you wish. But before we begin, let's announce the prize money accumulated from the first game."

And with that, a large glass piggy bank was dropped from the ceiling, stacks of cash being dumped inside.

"A hundred million won is added for each eliminated player, therefore 25.5 billion won of prize money is in the piggy bank, if you wish to leave that money will be sent to the family of the eliminated players and you will leave empty handed. If you wish to keep playing click the circle and if you wish to leave click the x. Voting will be done in reverse order of your player numbers."

456 stepped forward, ultimately clicking the x. 453 clicking the circle.

X
X
X
Circle
X
Circle
Circle
Circle
Circle
X
X

212 picked the circle.

"ARE YOU GUYS ALL INSANE" somone shouted

"So what if we leave? Will it be any different, life out there is hell anyway." She barked.

101 wanted to leave
67 wanted to stay.

Now it was my turn. Walking up to the  stand and not even bothering to look at the cash. I clicked the circle. That just caused more shouting.

067 smiled.

100 - 100, it was all down to the old man: 001. They reminded him of the choices. Circle to stay and x to leave.

He wanted to leave.

Cheers erupted from the crowd. I shut my eyes in annoyance. Back to living a shitty life hey?

"The majority has voted to leave, therefore the games have been terminated."

"Unless you want to be here all night untie me

"Unless you want to be here all night untie me." 067 spat at 456.

He grasped the rope between his teeth, doing his best to pull it loose and free her wrists. The rope snapped.

She ripped off her blindfold, retreating to her pile of belongings and began to redress herself, leaving 456 on the ground.

"Hey, can you untie me now?"

She began to walk away.

"HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING YOU NEED TO AT LEAST UNTIE ME BEFORE YOU LEAVE!"

She turned to look at him. "Why should I?"

"B-because i untied you!"

She smirked. "As soon as I untie you, you'll just hassle me and demand your money back"

"W-well thats that!"

She began to walk away again.

"FINE FINE! I'll forget about the money, just untie me will you?"

"Mean it?"

"Yes, I promise I won't say anything about the money"

"How can I trust you" she had taken a few steps closer.

"I swear it on my mother!"

"Alright fine, just tell me one thing"

"WHAT? Aren't you the one owing me something? Not the other way around!"

She began to walk away again

"OKAY OKAY FINE!"

She looked him dead in the eye. "What was the name of that girl."

"What girl."

"045, the one you helped back up earlier."

"She didn't tell me her name."

She tsked before untying him. As soon as he stood up, he pestered for his money back.

"... I feel really bad for your mother"

And with that she walked away.