Red light green light

Finally it was my turn, stepping into the booth for my photo to be taken.

"Please look into the camera, smile!"

I just stared into the camera as it flashed. I wasn't going to smile yet. Not until I figured out my place in these games. So, I just followed the queue as it made its way up the stairs.

 So, I just followed the queue as it made its way up the stairs

The gates opened, revealing a dry piece of land. A singular doll placed at the end. A huge doll.

The herd of people slowly gathered forwards.

The gates closed.

"The first game is red light green light! You can move forward while it shouts 'red light, green light' . If your movement is detected afterwards, you will be eliminated."

"As in the game we played as kids?"
"Is this some kind of joke?"
"This isn't hard at all."
"Want to bet who finishes first?"

"-let the game begin!"

A timer for five minutes appeared on the wall to my right. The game has begun.

The doll span around: "red light green light"

A few people ran forwards, I was going slow. I think 324 had other plans. After making a bet of a million won I would run too. He sprinted straight into the open field. Struggling to stop by the time the doll had turned around.

"Player 324. Eliminated"

A gunshot echoed around the open space, 324 falling to the floor. Once the doll spun back around, 250 ran over to him.

"Oi, you're Out idiot, stop putting on a show" he smirked. Only for that smirk to drop a few seconds later when he realised his best friend had just coughed up blood. In a state of shock he took a step backwards.

That's when he realised his mistake and tried to run, but he ended on the same path of fate. Shot.

The blood splattered onto a woman behind him, causing her to scream as the warm crimson liquid dripped down her face. Shot.

Now everyone was running. I tried my best to keep my ground, fearing I would be pushed over and shot.

The corpses were scattered, some piled against the gate from their failed escape and others just lying around.

"Let me repeat the rules, you can move forward while it shouts 'red light green light' any movement detected after will cause you to be eliminated. Let's carry on"

The doll turned back around. Only one person moved. 001. He looked to be pretty old, he must have been the one the square mask called the eldest.

The doll turned again. This time I
Moved too, hiding behind 067 who was in front of me. I had realised something.

The doll turned again.

"Who's behind me?"

"The girl that helped you up earlier"

"Why are you using me as a shield?"

I hesitated before answering. " when everyone was moving, 456 got pushed to the ground. The guy that pushed him got shot, but he didn't. I'm pretty sure the doll can only detect upfront movements. So if you go behind someone, it can't see you."
She hummed in understanding.

The doll turned again.

"Why don't you get revenge on 101? It seems like the perfect opportunity."

She smiled. The doll turned. I ran.

Still as we moved, people were getting shot. There was blood on my shoes now.

I looked to my left. 067, she had done it. Grasping the back of 101's neck. She pushed him over as soon as the doll tuned.

There was about thirty seconds left. Most people already crossed the finish line. Including 101, 001, 218 and 067.

Everyone was running for their lives now. 15 seconds left.

That's when it went wrong. Someone on the ground grasped my ankle for dear life, begging for help. I couldn't move, his grip was too strong. And then another grasp, this one pulling my jacket until I hit the floor then securing my hair in their hand.

"H-help us you b-bastard... don't be selfish..."

7 seconds.

I wasn't the only one struggling. 456 has tripped, and 199 was struggling to hold him up.

The doll turned, them both breaking out into a sprint and somehow passing the line with 4 seconds to spare. They stared at me.

I had to do something... now

As the doll turned for the last time, I kicked the guy holding my ankle In the nose, not being able to do much damage from my position on the floor. I stood up beat I could, the hair grabber now holding my tracksuit trousers. I kicked up dust into her eyes. Then I ran.

I hadn't run this fast before.

1 second.

Throwing myself across the finish line and rolling to a stop.

I was the last one to make it.

I was in such a state of shock, I didn't realise I had zoned out and was hyperventilating until 456 shook my shoulders.

I looked up at him.

"Jeezus Christ kid, you okay?" He looked down at my face, it was covered with blood. Dripping in fact. And then my ankle, it was covered in scratches and cuts from the guy.

I looked down at it before looking up at him. I still didn't speak, I couldn't, my breathing was still going at an incredible pace.

There were a few people gathered around me now: 456, 199, 218 and 001.

456 got down to his knees, placing a hand on my back and one just bellow my collar bone, trying to steady my breathing.

218 offered me a hand and helped me up to my feet, 199 catching me by my under arms once I started to stumble.

"I didn't think you were going to make
It" 001 spoke up.

"I didn't think I was gonna make it either.."

"How old are you?" 456 asked, looking at my appearance compared to the others.

"...15"

"Shit... you're young to be doing this"

By now more people were crowding, wondering what was going on.

067 appeared from behind me, grabbing my arm and pulling me along with her in an attempt to get me out of that awkward situation.

Thankyou.