"Ace, run that way to the exit okay?" I said to him as I put him on the ground. He nodded at me as he ran away.

"Why'd you let him go?" Skye asked me. "Because it's not safe for him here. And he doesn't need to see what could happen to his dad," I said to her.

"Okay. Let's go then, we sat here too long," She said to me as she ran again. I ran after her as she found a door. She tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. I helped her the best I could as I slammed my body to it trying to break it open.

Then suddenly Mike dropped near us. He grabbed me and Skye as someone shot at us. I looked around as Mike kicked the door down and dragged us with him.

I ripped my grip out of his arm as we kept walking. We walked out to this balcony and it led us to another room before Skye finally broke his grip.

"You have to stop this. These people can help you," Skye said to him. Mike looked around and said "the men in suits? They're your buddies now? Where did they take my son?!" He gripped on Skye again.

"He's safe! I let him go," I said to him. He just glared at me as someone shot at us again.

"Get down!" he yelled at us. I ducked as he threw Skye to the ground. Another shot happened and it hit Mike this time. He got knocked back and over another balcony.

I got up a little and went over to Skye. She got up a little. "Are you okay?" I asked her, worried. I don't know why I'm worried over a girl I just met.

"Yeah, it's not every day you get kidnapped," She said to me. I chuckled a little until I heard someone cock a gun. I looked over and saw a guy aiming a shotgun at us. That was until May came from behind hit him in the leg and then punched him twice knocking him out.

She looked up at us and had a straight face. I smirked a little seeing her fight was kinda cool even if it was for a little bit.

I got up and helped Skye up. I heard talking below and knew it was Mike talking. I ran to the stairs with Skye behind me as we made our way down. We ran out to where Mike was. May followed us too.

We were a little behind Coulson as Mike talked. "All over, there's people being pushed down, being robbed. One of them tries to stand up, you got to make an example out of him," he said to Coulson as he ripped something from the ground.

"You bring this building down on us, will that help them?" Coulson said to him. "That's a lie! All you do is lie!" Mike yells as he swings that thing from the ground and hits what's left of a sign.

"You said if we worked hard...If we did right...We'd have a place. You said it was enough to be a man. But there's better than man. There's god. And the rest of us...What are we? They're giants. We're what they step on," Mike said to us.

I walked close to him walking pass Coulson as he stared at me weirdly. "I know. I understand how you feel worthless. Like you mean nothing to this world, but you do mean something. Everyone means something. Yeah, those giants step on us sometimes, but some don't. The ones that don't, they rise up and become heroes. It doesn't matter what powers they got or not. It's what they do with it that counts. So who do you want to become Mike? A giant who steps on people like you or a hero that defends us and makes sure those giants don't step on us anymore."

He looked at me and said "I could you know? Be a hero." I breathed out and said "I know. I'm betting on it." He looked at me then all of sudden he got shot and fell backward.

I looked at him on the ground as I looked up and saw Ward up there with a gun along with Fitz by him. Simmons ran past me as she checked Mike.

Skye walked up next to me as I looked at Mike worried. Simmons finally looked up and smiled at us. I let out a breath as I started smiling. Skye started smiling too as she elbowed me a little.

She smiled at me and I smiled back. I looked at Coulson and he looked at me approvingly and smirked as he nodded his head at me. I nodded my head back. This has been a pretty crazy day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Days Later

"See you later, Ace," I said to him. "See you later, Alex," He said to me as he ran off with his cousin inside. "Thank you," Skye said to his aunt as she walked back in.

I put my hands in my pocket as we walked back to Coulson who was sitting there watching. He turned and we started walking right beside him.

"I told him his father was coming home," Skye said to Coulson. "He will. We have some experience with this," He said to her.

"He almost blew," I said to them both. "We almost died," Skye added.

"We have some experience with that, too," He said to us as we got near the road.

"Don't have it all mapped out," Skye said to him. "True. We didn't cut off the head of the Centipede. Whoever sponsored that little experiment is still out there, among other things," Coulson said as we hit his car.

"It's a brave new world and a really old car," Skye said, laughing a little. I laughed a little too and said "Don't dis this. This is a classic."

"Lola can keep up. What about you two?" Coulson said as we got in the car. I got in the back while those two got in the front. "Have you thought about the offer?"

"Hitching a ride on the crazy plane?" Skye said to him. I said, "I'm not exactly a team player."

"We're not exactly a team. But we're in a position to do some good. You'd be a great help. You both would. And you'd be front row center at the strangest show on earth, which is after all, what you wanted," Coulson said to us both.

I looked at Skye and she said "I hacked S.H.I.E.L.D. from my van. You're going to show me something new?"

The phone started ringing and Coulson answered saying "Go."

"Sir, we've got an O-8-4," Ward said to him over the phone. "Is that confirmed?" Coulson asked him. Ward waited a bit before saying "They want us to go in and confirm it."

I leaned forward and asked, "What's an O-8-4?" Coulson started the car and said, "You've got exactly 10 minutes to decide if you really want to know."

"I'm in," I said before Skye said anything. She looked back at me and then him and said "There's no way we can make it to the airfield in....10 minutes." Next thing you know the car started to hover in place.

I looked over and saw us a couple of feet off the ground. Reminds me of Back to the Future when Marty and Doc go to the future.

Skye was looking over the edge too in the same shock. "Awesome," I said aloud.

Coulson looked at Skye and said, "the tide is rising." Then we zoomed off to the airfield lifting in the air. This is gonna be cool.