Chapter Eleven

Soon we got home, Andy helping me out of the seatbelt and leading me to the door, he shoved it open and called his parents down. "Andy? What's wrong? What the hell happened?!" His father shouted.

I backed away, setting my arms across my stomach and hiding my face away as they started 'talking'. "The A.H.R.A. happened. They found us, dad! And you know what? One tried to rape Regan!" Andy shouted. "What the fuck does it take, dad? I'm not against what your trying to do but it's gotten to the point where they're threatening us!"

"Andrew, you don't understand! If we just call the police --"

"The police don't give an absolute damn."

"Son, I'm not going to stop writing. If we just move somewhere else things will get better," Chris said calmly, almost as if they've had this 'conversation' before.

"That's what I was thinking. I've been thinking of moving to California, dad. For a couple months now, actually. Me and the guys have figured out what we're gonna do there," Andy says.

"What? No, we're not going there. That's too dangerous!" Amy exclaims.

"I didn't say we were all going, I said I've been thinking on going to California with the guys. We can make a career in the music business. At least then the A.H.R.A. won't be able to get us," Andy says calmly, though he seemed sad.

Chris sighs at this, I guess he thinks Andy has given this enough thought. "You aren't taking Regan are you?" He asks.

My ears instantly perk up at the sound of my name, I raised my head to see Andy staring down his father, Chris himself looking sad. "Yeah, she'll be safer with us," Andy says.

"Andy, you can't be serious," Amy says, looking desperate for him to say no.

"I am, mom. It's gone on for too long, and now they went too far. I'm sorry, but me and Reg are leaving next Wednesday," he says.

"How come?"

"Jinxs' mom gets her van back that day, and Ashley's friend will have the fake ID's ready by then."

"Ashley.. I knew it," Chris mutters.

"We just need to get essentials packed and raise enough money to go for gas reasons."

"I hate this.. I hate how much you've thought about this! You've been thinking of running away for how long now?" Amy questions.

"Around a couple months."

"Jesus! Andy, you're underage!"

"I'll be eighteen soon, and it's not running away if you guys know about it."

"It's running away when it's not with our consent!"

"Nowadays, I don't care."

"Amy, I'm sorry. But I think he's got a point here," Chris sighed. "They've gone too far."

Amy just looked at us all. "What about Regan? Have you told her about this?"

"No."

"Does she agree with you?"

He looked to me and back to his parents. "I already know she does."

"I'm going to call the police."

"I'll be eighteen soon, it won't matter."

"It matters to me!"

"Mom, it's going to okay. We'll be okay. Jinxs' mom and dad are going to help us out and everything."

"Then we can too."

"No, they'll follow you."

"You know what? I suggest we just go to bed, discuss this in the morning," Chris says, looking at me carefully.