Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Brooklyn

I sat at the map table in the Bunker. Castiel sat across from me, reading the newspaper while Sam sat next to me on the laptop. Apparently they found Lucifer just to lose him again.

Cas raised his head, looking around, "Did the Bunker's warding fail?"

Dean walked into the library, "I just powered it down. Crowley called, said he had some big news about Lucifer, whatever the hell that means." He leaned on the table next to me, crossing his arms while Sam looked at his brother in shock.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. So now Crowley can just...what, drop in whenever he feels like it? I prefer keeping Crowley at a distance. Long distance."

I nodded in agreement before Crowley's voice pipped up behind me, making me roll my eyes. "Not very charitable, Moose particularly since, once again, I'm saving all your asses. So, as you know, I'm temporarily persona non grata in my own palace."

"Palace?" Dean and I said at the same time.

Crowley lightly glared at us, "However, there are those I still control. Operatives."

"Crowley, just get to the point," I said with a sigh.

"Good to see you too Brooklyn," Crowley said, giving me a small smile. He moved over to the table, taking Sam's laptop from him and typing in words. "Did a little digging, acting on a tip. And I think I know the identity of Lucifer's newest vessel."

That peaked our interest, until he turned the laptop around and revealed the screen. "Gentlemen, Lady... I give you one Jefferson Rooney, President of the United States."

I looked at the screen in shock, "You've got to be frickin kidding me."

Crowley left soon after, saying he was going to get Rowena to help us. Whether she would come was another story. Though, she wanted Lucifer gone just as much as we did.

Cas spoke up with a heavy sigh, "Even if Crowley does bring in Rowena, the problem remains. Lucifer can't be returned to the cage inside his vessel. His essence has to be extracted."

Sam nodded, leaning back in his chair, "Yeah. And Lucifer has found the perfect safe house. I mean, how do we even start getting close to the President?"

Dean grabbed Sam's laptop, sitting next to me with it, and looking over the President's schedule.

"Crowley seemed to have some inside man, maybe he can get us in?" I suggested.

"If he could do that, he would have already," Sam sighed.

Dean spoke up, "Well, it helps that he's not in D.C. It looks like he's on a fundraising swing through the Midwest."

I looked over Dean's shoulder, looking at the website he was reading. "Looks like he's staying at an estate place owned by Ron Forester. The bad part is that the place is surrounded by walls, security, Secret Service, and military." I leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms, "Plan B?"

Dean scrolled down on the website, "He's got a hell of a speaking schedule. He's averaging three events a day, and he's got a gala dinner on Friday night."

Cas spoke up, shrugging, "Well, at least he'll be outside of the mansion."

"Yeah and guarded like the Hope Diamond," Sam said, closing his eyes and rubbing his forehead.

Standing up from my seat, I said, "I need a drink. Anyone want anything?"

"I'll take one," Sam said, raising his hand. Dean nodded in response.