Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Brooklyn POV

It had been a couple of weeks since we saved Sam. Dean thought it was best to take a break from hunting, for all of us.

No matter how many times I reassured him I was fine, he still kept me in eye sight. It also didn't help that I seemed to be getting sick in the morning and sometimes at night, making Dean think I was still recovering from everything.

As for Mary, she seemed to be warming up to the place nicely. She was fitting right in, making herself at home.

This morning though, she had slept in, leaving Sam, Dean, and I to sit at the kitchen table by ourselves with cereal in our hands.

Though we hadn't been hunting, our research on Lady Bevell and the Men of Letters continued, bringing Dean to ask his brother, "So, what have you found on her Majesty's Secret Suckbags?"

"Well, I may have turned the bunker upside down looking for any reference whatsoever to the British Men of Letters, and all I found was this letter tucked into an old ledger, uh, from the "London Chapterhouse.""

Sam slid a letter over to Dean and I, making me look over Dean's shoulder as he glanced at it. Most of the letter minus just a couple of words was blacked out.

"Well, that's just great," Dean mumbled with a sigh as he tossed the letter to the other side of the table.

Cas walks into the doorway of the kitchen, stopping to look at us.

"Morning, sunshine. Some coffee?" Dean asked, holding his cup to his lips.

"No, thank you. I have to go." With that, Cas walked back out of the kitchen and down the hallway. The three of us look at each other before getting out and quickly following him. I bring my cereal, holding it in my hands as Dean stops the angel.

"Cass, wait up. Where you off to?"

He pauses before turning around to answer with a sigh, "Cleveland, Ohio."

"For what?" I asked with a mouthful of cereal.

"I think I may have a lead on Lucifer. I found a police report in Cleveland about a man whose eyes flared a glowing red. It could be Lucifer in a new body."

Dean nodded, "All right. Yeah, that sounds like something. We should go check it out."

My eyes glanced at Dean, surprised to hear him mention going out and doing something "hunting" related. But, Cas shut that down.

"No. The Devil is free because of me. Finding him is my responsibility."

"You don't have to do it alone though," I said, lowering my bowl.

"If it is him, I will call you. In the meantime, I think you're both needed here," Cas says, looking only at Dean and Sam before walking away. I didn't need him to glance at me to know what he was thinking.

"I know you're talking about me!" I yelled before rolling my eyes and heading back into the kitchen. I sat the empty bowl on the table and collapsed into the sear as Dean and Sam re-enter, talking about Mary.

"What are you talking about? Mom's fine."

Sam, sitting down, made a face, "Sure. I heard her walking around all night last night. I mean don't you think she seems a bit... withdrawn? You know... shaky?"

Raising my hand slightly and making a face of embarrassment, I speak up. "That may have actually been me." Both boys look at me. "I couldn't sleep last night. I ran into Mary once but she said she was just going to the bathroom."