24. I WOULD NEVER HURT YOU

Começar do início

"Min," Jeongguk projects steadily to reel Jimin back in from his grasping thoughts.

"Yeah," Jimin breathes, peering up at Jeongguk through damp lashes. "Sorry, I got distracted." His eyes droop to their intertwined fingers and the brunette's thumb that moves over the back of his hand, over his knuckles.

"It's okay, baby." Jeongguk rests his chin atop the crown of Jimin's head. "If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. Just tell me what I can do to help."

Jimin exhales, lifting himself out of Jeongguk's embrace. He throws his one leg over the brunette in a straddling position, resting his hands on the boy's chest. Hands linger around his waist and the top of his thighs. For a moment, they simply admire one another in the soft hues of morning light that trickle in through the window.

"I'll probably cry and I don't feel like crying anymore." Jimin moves a single hand off of Jeongguk's warm chest, caressing his cheek with his fingertips.

Jeongguk's eyelids fall at such a calming feeling. "That feels nice," he breathes, exhaling gently through his nose.

A smile befalls Jimin's lips. His fingers continue to trace the features of Jeongguk's face. His eyebrows, his nose. His lashes and his lips. "You're so handsome," he whispers.

Suddenly Jeongguk's hand reaches up to grasp Jimin's wrist that's in motion. His eyes open and the blond's lips part. "And you're beautiful. So beautiful. Every single part of you. From the tips of your toes to your head."

Jimin blushes, swatting limply at Jeongguk's shoulder with his free hand. "You're so cheesy," he whines with a feigned grimace, climbing off of the boy's legs. He wanders to the bathroom and starts to brush his teeth, using the new toothbrush Jeongguk had given him.

It isn't long before the taller is trailing in after him, brushing his own teeth. They look at each other through the reflection of the mirror and of course with silly faces comes uncontrollable giggling. It sends Jimin clinging to the sink counter to keep himself up as he holds onto his toothbrush for dear life, waving it around as though it's some kind of weapon.

Jeongguk chuckles, being the first to rinse. He places his toothbrush back in it's rightful place, watching the blond endearingly as he too finishes up at the sink, wiping at his mouth with a towel. They exchange glances through the mirror and as though Jimin can tell just exactly what's going on through the brunette's mind, he attempts to make a break for it.

However he's caught and he's tossed over Jeongguk's shoulder, banging on his back with balled up fists. "Jeon Jeongguk, put me down!" he shouts, flailing.

And he does as told, dropping Jimin onto the bed. Jeongguk hovers over top of a giggly, bright red mess, brushing back stray locks of blond. The teenager peers up at him with a feigned look of anger, pouting his lips with narrowed eyes.

But it doesn't interfere with the way Jeongguk feels in the moment, so clearly drunk on Jimin's darling expression. The way he speaks so softly, as though each moment his lips part, a lullaby resonates. How fragile he appears but how strong-willed he is. And the blond doesn't miss it, the way Jeongguk's heart clearly skips a beat each time they touch.

Jimin isn't sure what the exact cause is but he feels his own pulse rushing beneath his skin. His forced frown eases away as the genuine emotions rooted deeply inside of him emerge. His hands travel up Jeongguk's neck, securing around his nape. Little to no words need to be spoken to express what they've both been feeling for some time. Even so, the next link of letters to leave the brunette's mouth have Jimin's world spinning.

"I love you, Jimin," he admits through a confident exhale of air, dancing his fingertips along the blond's bare arm, as though he brandishes a paintbrush, bringing life to the light skin he handles so carefully.