"oh, look at you two," shinichiro sighed, now kneeling down so he was eye level with the twins. valerie and kyra giggled, hand in hand. "i should take a pict-"

ding dong.

shinichiro barely had time to react and process what was going on, watching the two girls dash away at the incomprehensible speeds. there was a click and then the door opened. shinichiro stood at the top of the staircase, watching you three reunite.

"mommy!" the two girls flung their arms around your neck, clinging onto you tightly. "my loves, how have you been? was daddy taking care of you?" you asked with a wide but tired smile. they nodded frantically. "i missed you, mommy!" kyra said, hugging you once again.

"i missed mama more!" val claimed, hugging you tightly. you hummed in content, hugging your girls with the same affection and love. "you like the dresses i got you? they cost a lot of money," you told them with a smile. "you look so beautiful, you two. remind mommy to take a picture of you later," you kissed their foreheads.

"ma, can you make us your ramen?" kyra asked. "please! daddy's ramen doesn't taste like yours," val admitted shamelessly. "shh, daddy might hear you!" kyra said, covering her sister's mouth.

"why do i bother?" shinichiro sighed sarcastically, deciding to step in now. "ky, val, go watch television, you troublemakers, mommy's probably really tired now," shinichiro made his way down the stairs. kyra and val nodded, letting you and your beloved have some time together.

your eyes softened as you watched shinichiro come downstairs. you smiled, wrapping your arms around each other for the warmest hug ever. "don't leave again," shinichiro said quietly, burying his head into the crook of your neck.

you chuckled softly, "can't make any promises, shin." shinichiro pulled away to kiss your lips, this time taking his time in savouring the taste of your lips. when you parted, shinichiro took your hand, leading you upstairs into your bathroom.

"you must be tired," he noted, pushing you against the bathroom door and kissing you again, this time a palm to your cheek. you nodded your head, snuggling into the warmth of shinichiro's palm. "so tired."

shinichiro rubbed your cheek with his palm, smiling. he moved away from you to run some water in the bathtub. he inspected which bath soap to use before placing a generous amount inside. he went back to you, kissing you before taking your blazer off.

"stay here," shinichiro ordered. you nodded. minutes later, shinichiro returned with a bathrobe and some towels. he set them down on a stool and diverted his attention to you, showering you with kisses and undressing you.

"shin," you said, splitting the kiss. "what is it?" he asked, slightly annoyed - he just wanted to drown in your scent, smother you in the love you deserved. "the bath's gonna overflow," you whispered, slightly amused at how childish shinichiro was. still just as clingy as he had always been.

shinichiro turned the tap off and let you undress, dragging a stool for him to sit on so that you could talk. you stepped into the bath, instantly relaxing.
"how was it?" shinichiro asked.

"hellish, without you three," you admitted with a smile. "mm, i can imagine," he grinned. "how many more trips do you have to go on?" shinichiro asked you, tracing hands on your hand.

"just 1 more this year. i get a raise though, and i'm allowed to bring a plus one with me. i dunno if i will though, picking between kyra and val will be hard," you joked, watching an annoyed pout grow on shinichiro's face.

"if i have to spend another second away from you, i think i'll self-destruct," shinichiro said dramatically. "i was kidding, shin," you smiled, pressing a kiss against his hand sweetly. that made him smile.

"i missed you so much," he said quietly, still looking at you. "i know, shin. i missed you too," you smiled.
"kyra and val cried when you left," shinichiro told you. "and they cried before you arrived too."

you chuckled, "and you didn't?"

"like a baby," shinichiro responded. it was meant to be sarcastic, but it wasn't. he did cry, like a baby. you sighed happily, holding shinichiro's hand and twisting with the engagement ring that sparkled.

"you remember when we were young and you told me that you didn't plan on having kids?" shinichiro chuckled, eyes darting to you. you chuckled lightly, "ah, so long for that vision, huh. really, i never planned on getting married, let alone having children.... love changes you, doesn't it?"

shinichiro nodded, "the shinichiro effect." you laughed, slapping his hand. "proved effective on the 20 women you had spoken to before me?" you retorted, making him roll his eyes. "those women were blind," he argued.

you nodded, "agreed," and kissed shinichiro's lips shortly. shinichiro sighed when the kiss was split. "how were the girls?" you asked him.

"angels," shinichiro responded. "did you not follow the ramen recipe i sent you?" you asked with a slight grin. "i did! you just do everything better," shinichiro complained playfully. you smiled, "don't worry. i'll teach you how to do it properly," you promised him.

shinichiro grinned at you, admiring how you've matured and aged now. you smiled more, you were more confident, you loved yourself and the people around you.

"hey, [name]. you're happy aren't you?" shinichiro asked you. you turned to face your fiancé, eyes crinckling as they usually did whenever you smiled geniunely.

"i've never been happier."

and it was true,

you had never been happier.

˚➶

FIN. (fr this time)